The business delegation from Oman, led by Mr. Salim Taman al Mashani, Chairman ICT Oman included Mr. Peter Ford, CEO Port of Salalah, Mr. Jeff Rodwell, from Duane Morris, a US head-quartered international law firm, Dr. Shirish Gupte, CEO ICT-Kitara JV, Mr. MageshGanesan, Country Manager, DHL.The delegation interacted with over 130 representatives of the business community from Maharashtra on that day. There was a large number of engineering and IT companies present. The seminar included Presentations on
· Cross border Opportunities in Oman (investments, imports and exports)
· Using Salalah Port and Salalah Free Zone as a spring board for Tapping
· Opportunities in the Gulf,
· Taking advantage of US Free Trade Agreement
· Acquisition of business overseas
· Preparing for Private Equity and Debt Funding
Many of the attendees were enthusiastic about the opportunities, particularly in relation to the port and FTZ advantages, availability and lower cost of funds, the advantageous tax rates (both corporate and personal), and the possibility from benefitting from free trade agreements within GCC and to the USA. Some of the attendees expressed interest in participating in a future trade delegation to Oman to view the facilities and meet relevant local companies and government officials. There was also some discussion about the current acquisition opportunities in the USA with the current low asset prices and interest rates.