• Submissions accepted from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Tennessee
• Contestants must be 20 years old or younger
• Deadline is Feb. 15
• Films must be a three-minute silent move using a soundtrack in romance, comedy, slapstick, horror, mystery, action or science fiction
• Entries are screened with live organ accompaniment
• There is no entry fee
• Only family-friendly films and no copyrighted material is accepted
• Free expression is encouraged with regard to style/fashion (e.g. live action vs. animation, black and white vs. color, etc.)
• Local jurors choose winners based on story, cinematography, editing and acting
• Top 10 films will be submitted to celebrity judges to determine first ($1,000), second ($500) and third ($250) place winners
• Top three will also be entered in the International Awards Ceremony in Portland, Oregon for more prize opportunities
"We challenge all young filmmakers, writers and visual artists to compete. Nothing beats the thrill of seeing your film on the big screen for a live audience," noted Jon "JP" Palanuk, president of the international festival. Details and a list of past winners is found at www.makesilentfilm.com.
A destination unlike any other, Mansfield and Richland County, Ohio’s wealth of unusual travel adventures and experiences, from visiting the working farm where Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall were married, to spending the night in a haunted former state prison where Hollywood blockbuster movies are shot or seeing the world’s first robot. Breathtaking scenery, rural and hometown experiences, as well as hiking, biking, golf, cross-country and downhill skiing, bird watching and loads of other outdoor adventures attract families and visitors of all ages. For information or to order a Visitors Guide, consumers can call (800) 642-8282 or visit www.MansfieldTourism.com.