The workshop will be conducted by national college funding expert Ian Welham. Mr. Welham and his company have been featured in Forbes, AOL, the Newark Star-Ledger, Channel 11 and numerous radio programs. Topics include:
• The 3 biggest mistakes New Jersey parents make when planning for college that cost them thousands of dollars (and how to avoid them)
• How to pick colleges that will give you the best financial aid packages
• How to get college aid even if you have a “B” student
• How to send your child to a top-tier private university for less than the cost of a state school
• How to pay for college in a failing economy without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans or winning the lottery
The workshop also shows how to solve the cash flow crunch of paying for college and saving for retirement at the same time.
Parents from Caldwell, North Caldwell, Verona, Fairfield, Roseland, or any school district are welcome. All families who attend will receive the online version of Cash for College, the best-selling book on college planning and funding, plus a checklist of “The Top 10 Strengths and Experiences Colleges Look For in a High School Student.”
Reservations are suggested because seating is limited and the workshop fills up quickly. Reserve your seat online at www.CCPSnj.com or by calling (973) 467-0101. There is no cost to attend. Caldwell College is located at 9 Ryerson Avenue in Caldwell. Attendees are invited to bring a friend.