PRLog - Feb. 4, 2013 - BOCA RATON, Fla. -- If a network is not secure, how valuable is it? Introduction to Computer Networks and Cybersecurity takes an integrated approach to networking and cybersecurity, highlighting the interconnections so that you quickly understand the complex design issues in modern networks. This full-color book uses a wealth of examples and illustrations to effectively connect the principles of networks and networking protocols with the relevant cybersecurity issues.
• Full color throughout!
• The book is organized in a manner that provides the instructor with great flexibility in de-signing the manner in which they address the wide spectrum of topics contained herein.
• ONE– AND TWO-SEMESTER COMPUTER NETWORKING COURSES USING
• ONE SEMESTER COURSES: BOTTOM-UP AND TOP-DOWN APPROACHES
• ONE SEMESTER CYBERSECURITY COURSE
• Recent and emerging IETF and IEEE standards and drafts are included and illustrated using real-world examples.
• Complicated operations involving the Internet and cybersecurity are illustrated through step-by-step ex-amples in each chapter that employ diagrams and screen captures to explain in detail the configuration of critical parame-ters. Numerous screen shots enhance the learning process.
• The newest features of this technology are addressed and include virtualization, datacenter and cloud computing, unified communication, VoIP, and multimedia communication.
• Solutions Manual
• Figure Slides
• Both SI and US units are used, according to the convention in this area.
• Software Program: Java Development Kit (JDK)
• Contains over 1600 end-of-chapter problems and questions designed to test the reader’s understanding of the mate-rial in each chapter.
• PowerPoint animations for critical operations available.
"This book represents one of the most comprehensive overviews of computer security I have seen recently. The reader can quickly identify and learn about various cyber attacks, and become familiar with terminology of attacks, authentication, and protocols (chain of trust, phishing attacks, cross-site request forgery attacks, bonnet attacks, DNSSEC, DKIM, SNMP, …). ... The coupling of networking protocols and networks with their corresponding cybersecurity issues is a very good idea."
—Milos Manic, University of Idaho, Idaho Falls, USA
"This book combines good technical details with higher-level insights designed to help the reader focus on the right things and to understand them sufficiently. ... an up-to-date and well-written book on an exciting area of computing that forms the foundation for our modern, connected lives."
—Tim Watson, Cyber Security Centre, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK
"This book is an invaluable resource for students at all levels interested in computer cybersecurity. It also serves as an excellent reference in cybersecurity for professionals in this fast-evolving and critical field. This is an excellent text, content is very refreshing, informative, and easy to follow for students ranging from novice to advanced levels. It contains an impressive collection of up-to-date cybersecurity issues and analysis."
—Simon Y. Foo, Florida State University, Tallahassee, USA
"One cannot deal with cybersecurity without being familiar with networking (and systems and programming for that matter) but I cannot remember seeing them in the same book, especially treated at that level of detail."
—Phil Janson, EPFL (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne), Switzerland
"I will recommend this book to any one that seeks to have in-depth knowledge in network security."
—Inah Omoronyia, School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
"This is a fantastic and practical book that provides great introduction to computer networking technology and comprehensive treatment of cybersecurity. The scope of the book covers the technology widely used in today’s computers, Internet, and servers through practical examples. The book provides important insights into how to enjoy a better and secure Internet life–it is a must read." —Maria C. Yuang, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
"Chapters dealing with cybersecurity are solidly rooted in modern computer networking technologies and are well situated in real interconnection scenarios. ... Concepts are introduced with a clear language and progressively explained with a satisfactory degree of accuracy without exceeding in formalism. This enables understanding cybersecurity principles with small effort and makes the book suitable also to readers with little or no specific background in this area. ... The coverage of topics is very comprehensive and well balanced to satisfy a large number of teaching and learning requirements through different possible selections of parts of the material presented."
—Adriano Valenzano, CNR-IEIIT National Research Council, Italy
"It gives a complete treatment of the critical important field of computer networks and cybersecurity in a clear and methodical manner. ... The learning features are comprehensive, including the learning goals for each chapter, extensive examples to illustrate fundamental principles, numerous diagrams and illustrations to enhance the presentation, and a large number of end-of-chapter problems and questions to evaluate the student’s understanding of the chapters’ content."
—Gerhard P. Hancke, University of Pretoria, South Africa
For More Information Please Visit:
ISBN 9781466572133, February 2013, 1,382 pp