“I hate heights and was absolutely terrified,” admits Reena. “On the morning of the dive it was really cloudy and it was touch and go whether we could go ahead. I was worried that I’d never go back if I didn’t do that day. We were strapped to professional divers and were free falling for about 45 seconds before the parachute opened, which was beyond frightening. I tried to scream but no sound came out! It was also really cold; about -10 to -20 degrees, so if I ever did it again it would only be in a very hot country in the middle of July!”
Sarah Wood describes the experience as “absolutely awesome”.
“I absolutely loved it and would say it was the best thing I’ve ever done,” she says. “It was also for such a good cause and I would do it again tomorrow!”
Belvoir CEO, Dorian Gonsalves says: “Everyone in the Belvoir network congratulates Reena and Sarah for their fantastic efforts, which have brought Belvoir’s charity total for two years up to £24,588,37.
“Macmillan is an amazing charity, providing so much help and support to cancer victims, carers, families and friends and I am delighted that Belvoir franchise owners and staff have risen to our fundraising challenge. For the past two years they have undertaken a wide range of charity events, including marathons, sponsored bike rides, charity golf competitions and generously matching landlord contributions on a pound for pound basis. This achievement is even more remarkable when you consider that many Belvoir offices also support charities in their local community. I am very pleased to announce that the network has voted to continue supporting Macmillan throughout 2013.”
Belvoir Lettings now have more than 140 offices nationwide. To find your nearest Belvoir office, visit their website at www.belvoirlettings.com (http://www.belvoirlettings.com)
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
· Mike was chairman of the bfa for three consecutive years and is currently Director of International Affairs. He also sits on the board of the Property Ombudsman.
· Belvoir is recognised as one of the largest specialist lettings agency franchises in the UK, with 140+ franchises nationwide and aims to have 200 franchises in the next three years.
· Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise – Gold Award at the 2012 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times. Belvoir also won the Silver Award in 2011 and Gold in 2010.
· Belvoir won Brand Builder of the Year at the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2011 and Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Franchise Marketing Association (FMA) Awards 2011.
· Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFEagent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFEagent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
· Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February, 2012.
For further information, or to request an interview with a Belvoir Lettings expert, please contact Andrea McHugh at Headlines Journalism, tel: 01476 567438,
07940 930 331 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org