PRLog - Jan. 30, 2013 - Our conference will look at the fact that the growth in the internet has led to a wealth of ‘open source’ information now available to investigators in their intelligence gathering.
Open Source Intelligence Conference
An expert line-up of speakers will provide practical advice and best practice on the specifics of the open source intelligence that is now available to the investigator, how it can be used, the legal and evidential implications and the implications on existing investigation methods.
Presentation topics include:
• Insider information about how to make more effective use of online databases without the need for a consumer credit or data protection licence
• Using social networking sites in internal investigations of employees – a case study
• Defining and understanding materials derived from Open Source
• Developing collection plans and the tasking of staff
• Legislation in relation to access Open Source intelligence and using it as evidence
• Identifying and managing risk factors
• Charles Miller, former senior police officer and Home Office policy advisor on covert policing and open source
• Neil Smith, former Avon and Somerset Police officer and now Open Source Intelligence consultant and trainer
• Pam Chambers, former Dyfed Powys Police investigator and now an investigator with American Airlines at Heathrow Airport
• Peter Farrugia, Head of Counter Fraud, UK insurance arm of BNP Paribas Bank (Cardif Pinnacle Insurance).
1 delegate: £135.00 or 2 delegates for £250.00
• Conference runs from 9.45am till 4.30pm (Registration starts at 9am)
• Certificates of attendance available
• Accommodation can be booked with the hotel at a special reduced rate of £60 B&B, when booked directly with the hotel
• Tea and coffee will be served on your arrival
How to book delegate places
Email the delegate name(s), email address(s), accounts payable email address and telephone number and invoice address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that many police forces/organisations will only pay our invoices if a purchase order number is included, please check with your accounts department. A booking confirmation will then be sent with an invoice for payment.
Rothley Court Hotel, Westfield Lane, Rothley, Leicestershire, LE7 7LG.