Mumbai – (January 23, 2013) – Ajanta Pharma Limited, a specialty focused pharmaceutical formulation company, has announced its standalone results today for the third quarter ended December 31st 2012 with strong performance on all parameters.
Highlights of Q3 FY13 standalone financial performance
· Revenue from operations at Rs.229crs (Rs.164crs), growth of 40% over Q3 last year
· Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation (EBITDA) at Rs.60crs (Rs.34crs), growth of 76% over same quarter last year
· Profit after Tax at Rs.33crs (Rs.19crs), growth of 76% over same quarter last year
· Exports contributed 69% of the net sales for the quarter
Highlights of 9M FY13 standalone financial performance
· Revenue from operations at Rs.590crs (Rs.428crs), growth of 38% over 9 months last year
· Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortisation (EBITDA) at Rs.139crs (Rs.80crs), growth of 73% over 9 months last year
· Profit after Tax at Rs.74crs (Rs.43crs), growth of 73% over 9 months last year
· Exports contributed 62% of the net sales for the 9 months
Ajanta Pharma recently received marketing authorization in UK for Sildenafil Tablets 50mg & 100mg. Company expects to launch the same in UK when it goes off patent in June 2013. Company has also filed 2 more ANDAs with US FDA, taking the tally of ANDAs pending approval to 9.
Ajanta Pharma continues to build scalable and sustainable business across geographies which can deliver consistent results in future. In anticipation of growing needs, we keep making right investments in infrastructure and people.
About Ajanta Pharma Limited
Ajanta Pharma is a speciality pharmaceutical formulation company, having leading brands in the therapeutic segments of Ophthalmology, Dermatology and Cardiology. Many of the company’s products are first of its kind and are leading in their sub therapeutic segments. Company exports its products to more than 25 countries and established strong brand equity in these markets. For last 10 years, company’s consolidated performance has been excellent with CAGR of 22% in revenue and 46% in net profit.
Ajanta Pharma has its State of the Art R&D centre located at Mumbai, with more than 200 scientists working on formulation development. Company has world class manufacturing facilities - four located in India and one at Mauritius. One of the manufacturing facilities in India is approved by US FDA, UK MHRA and World health organisation (WHO), apart from having the approval from FDA of many other countries. Company is in the process of setting up two more manufacturing facilities in India, one for regulated markets and another for domestic and rest of the world markets. For more details please visit our website www.ajantapharma.com