In 2012, the top five comment themes, starting with the comment listed most frequently by respondents, were:
1. Employees expressed appreciation for their coworkers.
2. Employees are satisfied with the type of work they do.
3. Employees would like to receive higher pay scales/salaries.
4. Employees would like an improvement in communication.
5. Employees were pleased with their organization’
Comments expressing appreciation for coworkers remained No. 1 this year, likely as a continued result of employees’ shift toward a team focus to accomplish heavier workloads with less people. Comments desiring higher compensation continued to drop, from No. 2 in 2011 to No. 3 in 2012, possibly as a consequence of the enduring financial restrictions imposed by the economy. “Employees are pleased with the type of work they do” moved from No. 3 on the 2011 list to No. 2 on the 2012 list. Since workers have taken on more responsibility with fewer colleagues, they have become more versatile and probably receive more opportunity to do the type of work they prefer.
To view the top comment themes in 2011, click here (http://www.hrsolutionsinc.com/