The 2013 Board members are:
• John Anthony, Chief Administrative Officer, TrustAtlantic Bank
• Steve Daniels, Anchor, ABC 11 Eyewitness News
• Jorge Goti, President and Chief Executive Officer, MG Capital
• Jackie Holcombe, Mayor, Town of Morrisville
• Aimee McIntyre, Public Relations Specialist
• Andrew Merrills, Managing Shareholder, Ogletree Deakins
• Kelly McNelis, Founder, Women for One
• Michelle Pfeiffer, Director, Anna’s Angels
• Robin Sipe, Advocate and parent of Down syndrome child
• Frank Wissink, Vice President, Shared Services, ABB Inc.
• Ursula Wissink Flynn, Advocate and parent of Down syndrome child
• Jodi Witte, Business Development, queue advertising agency
“We are pleased that so many prominent and caring community leaders have agreed to serve on the 2013 Board of Directors”, said Anna’s Angels founder and Director Michelle Pfeiffer. “We appreciate their dedication to help raise research funds that will improve the cognitive and communicative ability of individuals with Down syndrome and give them the ability to reach their full potential.”
Anna’s Angels was started by Pfeiffer and her husband, Andrew Merrills following the birth of their second child, Anna, who has Down syndrome. Each year, the organization hosts a variety of events to raise funds for research at Duke. This year, the 10th annual Anna’s Angels Gala on March 9 will feature Fox television’s Glee star, Lauren Potter, who has Down syndrome. Anna’s Angels also hosts an annual fashion show as well as a number of other events. All proceeds raised by Anna’s Angels go directly to Duke.
For more information about Anna’s Angels, visit annas-angels.org or contact Michelle Pfeiffer at michellepfeiffer@
About Anna’s Angels Foundation
Anna’s Angels was founded in 2003 by Andrew Merrills and Michelle Pfeiffer, on behalf of their daughter, who was born with Down syndrome, a chromosomal abnormality which occurs in one of approximately 733 live births. Anna was also diagnosed in 2002 with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML), a type of cancer that is more prevalent in people with Down syndrome. Anna’s Angels works in partnership with Duke Children’s Hospital to raise funds to promote laboratory and clinical research regarding Down syndrome. The vision of Anna’s Angels is to improve the cognitive and communicative ability of individuals with Down syndrome while giving them the ability to reach their full potential. For more information, visit annas-angels.org or call 919-604-3350.