• A typical forklift battery is worth up to 30% of a new truck's value and offers you approximately 6,000 working hours. It is your fuel for the next five years or more, providing you look
after it according to the manufacturer's maintenance guidelines.
• A forklift battery needs to be charged when the remaining battery life is no less than 20 percent; however letting it discharge by more than 80 percent can be detrimental.
• It is also important to avoid overcharging.
• The forklift battery water level should be checked on a regular basis, generally after recharging. While adding the water, make sure you fill only to the desired mark. This will prevent overfilling that may cause expansion and overflowing.
• It is also important not to interrupt the charge cycle one you’ve started it
High savings and improved performance will occur as a result of implementing a battery maintenance schedule. You will find there will be fewer breakdowns due to battery failure, which allow you and your business to run at its fullest potential.
For more information on Battery Maintenance or replacement, give us a call at (888) 404-2575