PRLog - Jan. 17, 2013 - HIAWATHA, Iowa -- Pat McGrath Chevyland, located in Cedar Rapids, IA, is proud to announce that Chevrolet finally unveiled the seventh-generation Corvette at the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette — or C7, to enthusiasts — is a radical redesign of the venerable performance coupe. Both inside and out, the Corvette has seen significant changes. Chevrolet has dubbed the new base Corvette the Stingray, harkening back to the sixties fastback version of the sports car, which still holds a cult following among collectors and aficionados.
Chevrolet designers were tasked with building the best American production sports car ever, and it looks like they’ve succeeded. The 2014 Corvette sports a number of highly advanced features that make it one of the best Corvette models ever, including:
• The aluminum frame is both lighter and stiffer, allowing for more efficiency and better driving dynamics.
• Carbon fiber body panels reduce weight where it counts; the new Corvette has a lower center of gravity, making it more stable on the road.
• The new LT1 small-block V8 is loaded with advanced technology, including direct injection, variable valve timing, and displacement on demand.
• The LT1 will still provide plenty of power — 450 hp and lb-ft of torque — allowing for 0-to-60 times of less than 4 seconds in the base model.
• The Corvette’s interior, long a sticking point for reviewers, will also be radically revised, with high-quality materials — such as stitched leather — replacing almost all plastic components. Chevrolet will also offer two separate seats: a stiffer, high-performance seat for the race track and a more comfortable seat for those who opt for long-haul drivability.
While it will be some time before the 2014 Corvette is available at Pat McGrath Chevyland in Cedar Rapids, the 2013 model is available now. Pat McGrath Chevyland also stocks the full lineup of new Chevrolet vehicles, as well as a selection of high-quality pre-owned models from a variety of automakers. To inquire about the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette or any other Chevy vehicle, area drivers should contact their dealership.