PRLog - Jan. 14, 2013 - PORTLAND, Ore. -- The United Sates Navy backbone is its Chief Petty Officers. Tested. Tried. Initiated. They lie at the heart of the U.S. Navy and its long line of traditions dating back to 1893. Furthermore, they are professionals, trained to deal with every aspect of their command and ensuring the success of missions and orders. They personify the very best of the US Navy and what it means to be a sailor.
If you want to participate visit our facebook page and look for the ASK THE CHIEF post which will pinned to the top of the page. Post your question and wait for the release of the next video to see if the Chief answers your question. If the Chief chooses your question to answer we will send you a I ASKED THE CHIEF decal from Vision-Strike-
As a part of our partnership with Chief Vega we will donating proceeds from each Navy product sale on the site to VitalWarrior.Org, an organization helping soldiers returning from service. Help us help the Chief by participating and getting that perfect gift for your Navy friend, family or loved one.
Meet Chief Vega!
Chief Mikal A.Vega "Hooch"
* Second generation US NAVY SEAL. The rarest of breeds.
* When Chief Vega was 17 he graduated high school and joined the Navy.
* Boot Camp Orlando Florida.
* Dive school in Panama City.
* EOD assistant school in Eglin Air Force Base Florida.
* Airborne school in Fort Benning Georgia. EOD assistant school.
* 2 years stationed at EOD detachment Norfolk in Virginia.
* Explosive ordnance disposal technician school in 1993 class 40B. Responsible for area response for improvised explosive devices and unexploded ordnance.
* Assigned to explosive ordnance disposal mobile unit two. While at EOD mobile
unit two and did three deployments operations include Bosnia, Haiti, Zaire and
* 1989-1993- Explosive Ordnance Disposal Assistant (5331) -EOD Detachment
Norfolk - IED Response Team , NBC Emergency Response Team.
* 1993-1998- Senior Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician (5335) - EODMU2
-Bosnia, Haiti, Zaire, Albania ISO SEAL Team 2 & 8.
* 1998-2008- U.S. Navy SEAL (5326) - SEAL Team 8 - Kosovo, Iraq (x2).
* 2008-2010- Naval Special Warfare Instructor - NSWBTC - BUD/S 3rd Phase
* 2010-2011- Naval Special Warfare Instructor - NSWGRU-1 TRADET- NSW
Combatives and Maritime Operations Instructor.
* Bronze Star with combat Valor - Operation Iraqi Freedom 2004-2005.
* Bronze Star with combat Valor - Operation Iraqi Freedom 2006-2007.
* Purple Heart - for injuries sustained during Operation Iraqi Freedom 2004-2005.
* Army Achievement Medal - Operation Joint Guardian Kosovo 1999-2000.
* Navy Achievement Medal (x2).