“When you’re just starting out in business you need to find ways to promote yourself for little or no cost, that’s where product reviews can really help your marketing efforts” says Rashelle.
According to a recent study put out by Oneupweb, online customer testimonials and reviews directly influence the purchase decision of 40.9% of your site’s customers. This means that some customers don’t just expect to see testimonials and reviews on your site, they need to see testimonials and reviews before they buy, and a review doesn’t have to stop there.
Rashelle shows you 10 simple but powerful ways to leverage your product review to make it work as part of an ongoing marketing strategy.
1. Link to the review in your social media postings. Let everyone know you have been reviewed and that you're excited about it!
2. Add a 'Media' or 'News' page to your website and place your review there for a permanent unbiased testimonial for your customers to read.
3. Use your review in your newsletter. A great quote and then a link to the full review will entice readers to visit your website.
4. Include a quote from the review and then a link to the full review in your email marketing. Potential customers can then read this and it comes across as a 'milder' sales approach rather than your business’ own marketing pitch.
5. Add the review to any press releases you are submitting – this gives the journalist a more even view of your products.
6. Add a link to the review in any by-line you publish either in articles or blog entries.
7. Weave the reviews right into the text of any articles or blog entries you are writing hyperlinked to the full review.
8. Build on the review by asking for comments on your other products and services through your blog or social networks – ask for permission to post these on your website to 'back up' the review.
9. Be creative with how you market the review – Can you print it out and include it with orders or catalogues?
10. Create a video about your products and quote from the review to give your business more credibility.
Rashelle is the owner of Aussie Product Review and is a work at home mum also expecting her second child. She has been reviewing products via her website, www.aussieproductreview.com.au for over three years and has a small team of reviewers who contribute their time for free.
Please contact Rashelle via email email@example.com if you would like any further information.