1. Eliminate the Scam Roofing Companies:
Search the internet for Houston roofing companies and a large amount will appear. Eliminating the scam roofing companies should be your first priority. Refer to the company’s Web site. An easy way to determine the legitimacy of a company is to take a peek at their site – discover first, that they are on the internet. Ensure the company has roots to your community – roofs in the area you live, previously worked on roofs in your community, etc.
Determine the credibility of the roofing company online (further discussed in step 2). Search Google for references from the Better Business Bureau.
2. Research the Houston Roofing Company’s Background:
If I were investigating a roofer to hire, I would first refer to two essential items from a houston roofer.
• The roofing company’s roofing credentials (http://www.ezroofhouston.com/
• The roofing company’s customer testimonials. Testimonials provide credibility. A good testimonial can inform you what people who’ve actually purchased and used a service think about it.
• The roofing company’s length in business. The longer a company is in business is generally a positive sign. However, don’t solely turn to a company that has a long history. Ask for photos of completed work and the contact information of customers the company has previously worked with.
3. Ensure You are Provided a Labor and Roofing Material Warranty:
There are two types of roofing warranties – one issued by the manufacturer and one issued by the roofing company. Not all roofers warranty their labor, so it is crucial you choose a roofer that will warranty their labor. If your roof fails and only the roofing material is covered you’ll need to come up with thousands of dollars yourself to pay for the labor to fix the roof. Ez Roof Houston warranties its labor, so its customers don’t have to worry.
What to ask your roofer:
• “Do you provide coverage against workmanship errors?”
• “Am I choosing a manufacturing company that provides a manufacturer’
Shingle roofs can be an easy to fix but most of the times is better to call a profesional. If you decide to do it yourself EZ Roof will like to share with you how to address a small roof repair (http://maps.google.com/
Marked leak point, look for damaged, curled, or missing shingles. At every place where two surfaces meet and around every chimney or vent, look for breaks in the flashing or caulking or for gaps in the lines of roof cement.
What You'll Need
Here are some of the tools you'll need for replacing shingles:
6d galvanized roofing nails
Asphalt roof cement
If you can't see any damage to the shingles or flashing in the leak area, you'll have to call a professional roofer; the problem may be inadequate flashing or simply deterioration of the shingles.
If you find evidence of shingle problems, curl-back shingles can be reattached with asphalt roof cement or compound in tubes for use with a caulking gun. In warm weather, you can easily straighten out the curled shingle. In cold weather, shingles become very brittle and must be softened before they can be flattened out.
Soften a brittle shingle
To soften a brittle shingle, carefully use a propane torch with a flame-spreader nozzle. Apply the flame carefully to the curled edges of the shingle; it should get just warm enough to soften but not hot enough to catch fire. Then flatten the edges of the shingle.
To reattach the shingle, apply roof cement generously to the bottom; a good dollop of cement at each corner is usually enough.
Press the shingle firmly into place.
Torn, rotten or missing shingles
If shingles are torn, rotten, or missing, they should be replaced with new ones. Any shingle that lifts right off the roof with no effort is rotten and should be replaced.
If you find a large area of rotten shingles, you may need a whole new roof. If so, calling a professional roofer is a better option. Otherwise, replace the damaged shingles with shingles left over
from the previous roof installation.
If you can't get matching shingles, you can do it with non-matching ones. In an emergency, cut shingle-size patches from sheet aluminum or copper.
Ez Roof Houston Following your search for a dependable, experienced Houston roofer, if . Roofing is a fit for you, please contact - By Phone: 713-682-1200
- Online: Submit a request for a free roof estimate at www.ezroofhouston.com