According to Jack Bicer, TechBiz Connection president, career and business success depends on one’s ability to leverage their network. “At our forum this month, attendees will meet five leaders in Southern California who used networking to build and grow their businesses. It should be quite revealing to hear how they became successful,”
The panel moderator will be Jack Bicer, CEO of Septium, a custom web and mobile app development company and a Microsoft Partner. Prior to Septium, Mr. Bicer held several CTO roles since 1996. A 30+ year custom software industry veteran, he is an industry expert on custom mobile applications, SaaS/web software, and Online Payment processing. Known as the “Father of Uninstall”, he invented the uninstall concept and wrote the first uninstaller. He is also credited with inventing the "Automated Software Updates.” Mr. Bicer is the founder and chairman of TechBiz Connection and holds a BSc in Communications Engineering from University of Kent, an MSc in Computer Science from George Washington University and attended the Pepperdine MBA program.
Panelist Thumbnail Bios
· Tim Tyrell-Smith, Tim's Strategy, is a marketing, social networking and business coach focusing on small/mid-size businesses, non-profits and individuals. A veteran executive in consumer marketing, he started his career with Nestle USA and has since worked in product management on premium brands including Nestle Quik, Tree Top Apple Juice, Mauna Loa Macadamias and Meguiar's Car Wax. He was most recently vice president of marketing for a private equity owned food company y in Southern California. Mr. Tyrell-Smith is also a popular blogger, author and brand marketer. He has been a regular contributor to U.S. News and World Report, was featured in USA Today and is the author of two career books ("30 Ideas" and "HeadStrong")
· John Davies, vice president and senior analyst, GreenBiz Group heads up research efforts for GreenBiz Group and leads the GreenBiz Executive Network, a member-based, peer-to-peer learning forum for sustainability professionals. He is an experienced entrepreneur and innovator who has applied his business and management skills to launching start-ups as well as improving the operations of existing businesses. Mr. Davies is a frequent keynote speaker at international events, is well-known for his supply chain and sustainability expertise and is the author of numerous articles in business, industry, and educational publications. He is also the author of The $100,000+ Career: The New Approach to Networking for Executive Job Change (available at Amazon).
· Christi Haley Stover is the president and founder of Platinum Resource Group, a consulting and interim staffing company, focusing on IT, accounting, finance and human capital. She has an extensive background in consulting services, both in sales and recruiting. Prior to consulting services, Ms. Stover held leadership positions at Disney, Toshiba, Nestle and FedEx. Her roles have spanned across information technology, accounting and finance, as well as business operations.
· Jeff Black is a partner with McDermott & Bull Executive Search; he is the longest tenured search consultant in the firm (10 years). His practice is focused on helping companies realize an ideal fit between executive talent and the company’s culture and values. Mr. Black’s clients include: Honda Center/Anaheim Ducks, QLogic, Panda Restaurant Group, Ducommun Incorporated, Stanley Black & Decker, Golden State Foods, Newport Corporation and Santa Catalina Island Company. He serves on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the YMCA of Orange County and supports character education through The Ethical Edge. In addition, Mr. Black is the founder of DifferenceMakersOC whose purpose is creating significant relationships among Orange County professionals who seek a balance between business success and ‘making a difference’ through participating in not-for-profit and charitable causes.
· Andy Wilson is the CEO and founder of Rexter, the leader in professional relationship management (PRM). Previously, as founder of Momentum Ventures, he led more than a half dozen SoCal tech start-ups. He has developed an extensive business network across the tech landscape including top VCs (SoCal and NorCal), public company CEOs and other prominent angel investors. Mr. Wilson attributes a great deal of his success to the development and effective management of his business relationships. He is frequently characterized as "one of the best networked tech leaders in Southern California."
The TBC Forum’s discussion and subsequent question-and-
Admission to the TechBiz Connection event is $20 prepaid and $40 at the door. For further information and RSVP, visit http://www.techbizconnection.org or e-mail email@example.com.
TechBiz Connection (http://www.techbizconnection.org)
Contact: Daly-Swartz PR for TechBiz Connection
Jeffrey Swartz, 949-470-0075