COA has many employees under 60 years old and volunteers including senior citizens. The employees and volunteers deserve the employees’ holiday party as they have allotted their time and effort to extend the best services like:
• Services To Enable Frail or Low Income Bedford Elders to Remain Safely and Independently in their Homes
• For Health and Well Being of Senior Citizens
• Financial and Legal Information
• To Make Life More Enjoyable
• Volunteer Opportunities
During the COA Employees’ Holiday Party, Elements Therapeutic Massage Woburn volunteered to do "chair massages" for the COA senior citizens and employees wherein approximately 50 city workers from Bedford are expected.
Elements Woburn provides “chair massages” on a weekly basis and believe that by participating in these types of events, they are "giving back" and growing their relationship within the community.
The massage activity offered by the Elements Therapeutic Massage Woburn also supports the mission of the Council on Aging, which is to enhance the health and well being of Bedford's 3,293 residents 60 and older. COA has programs and services that can provide benefits for active residents who have just retired and seek new opportunities, those who have been retired many years, those who need assistance remaining in their homes, and many, many others.
Hand in hand, Elements Therapeutic Massage Woburn and the Council on Aging help the senior citizens embrace their golden years as a healthy and active people. COA has been known serving seniors which has about 14,000 visits to the Senior Center that works out to an average of nearly 50 visitors each day.
“It is important to take care of yourself today by adopting consistent massage, nutrition and exercise habits so you can live tomorrow and the years to come feeling restored, vibrant and pain-free.” – Elements Therapeutic Massage Woburn Wellness News.
Therapeutic massage has been known to provide support in overall health and wellness. The benefits of massage for senior citizens include:
• Improved range of motion and decreased low-back pain.
• Increased circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
• Exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles.
• Reduced swelling and scar tissue.
• Reduced recovery time from injury/surgery.
• Reduced stress, the cause of nearly 90 percent of today’s diseases.
• Released endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller, thereby reducing the need for medications.
• Stimulated lymph flow and support for the body’s natural process of detoxification.
• Enhanced production of T-Cells to boost your immune system.
For more information contact: Elements Woburn, (781) 932-3500