PRLog - Jan. 9, 2013 - Here are 5 less common reasons from Alpin Haus (http://www.alpinhaus.com/)
1. Exercise reduces stress. Sure, sure it makes you feel less frazzled about all of the things going on at work, but did you know that exercise can actually reverse the aging effects that stress have on your body? On the cellular level, working out keeps you younger, so you can catch up with your busy life.
2. Working out helps you learn more. Seriously, exercise increases growth factors within the brain. Activities involving coordination (i.e. sports/dance, etc.) pack the biggest punch, giving those brain cells the opportunity to stretch their legs, while you strengthen yours.
3. It fights off disease. From heart disease, to Alzheimer’s studies have shown that exercise decreases risk factors for physical and mental ailments across the board. Get fit, and live longer.
4. Breaking a sweat improves self-esteem. Being in control of what your body looks and feels like can be a major confidence boost. Getting in shape, being able to run faster, or lift more weight increase body image. In need of a confidence boost? Hit the gym.
5. Regular exercise helps you sleep better. Working out can help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer, without the tossing and turning. It will also give you an energy boost during the day when you are active. It’s a win-win.