“Kenya is a breathtaking country and it offers a vast array of holiday choices,” comments Chris McIntyre, MD of Expert Africa. “Many are superb, others disappointing – and sorting the wheat from the chaff needs experience. Expert Africa doesn't do anything by halves, so we've been joined by Richard, who has written the Rough Guide to Kenya for the last 25 years, to develop and run our new programme there. Richard's experience, combined with our attention to detail, will ensure that our travellers get the high levels of safari knowledge and service on Kenya that they've come to expect from the rest of our Africa programme.”
Kenya sample package: Expert Africa (020 8232 9777, www.expertafrica.com)
Other new additions include:
• Two new camps in Zambia, both using old names: the Lower Zambezi’s Potato Bush Camp, and the innovative Chinzombo in South Luangwa.
• A new, low-key (and extremely good-value) private island in Tanzania, Fanjove Island, south of Mafia Island, is owned by people Expert Africa knows well.
• Lemala Explorer is due to open in Tanzania in early 2013. It’ll be a mobile camp moving between the Serengeti and Tarangire National Park. The latter currently has only exclusive, private mobile camps, so Lemala’s newest offering will usefully plug a gap there.
• Ruzizi Tented Lodge opened in December in Rwanda, becoming one of only two lodges inside the relatively unknown Akagera National Park.
• 2013 will see several new camps in Zimbabwe, starting with Changa Safari Camp.
• The Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp is due to open in July 2013 in Namibia’s eerie Damaraland area, combining desert rhino-tracking trips with expeditions across formerly-inaccessible Skeleton Coast areas to the coast itself.
Among all these fresh additions, there also remain constants: this newest brochure continues to contain the same great depth of country-by-country information, travel tips and frank descriptions. Every photo in this brochure was taken by the Expert Africa team, and all of the maps have been specially commissioned. The website contains even more detailed information, including over 10,000 unedited reviews by genuine Expert Africa clients.
Expert Africa (020 8232 9777, www.expertafrica.com)
Its sister brand, Wild about Africa (020 8758 4717, www.wildaboutafrica.com)
Ends – 9 January 2013
Press: For further information, for photography, to interview Chris McIntyre, MD of Expert Africa, or to request a copy of the brochure, call Richard Mellor at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email email@example.com.