PRLog - Jan. 9, 2013 - In January 2013, SM1 Print Studio, a print, creative and marketing agency, sent over 200 clients a ‘Back to Work’ pencil case to show how effective direct mail pieces can have an impact on your targeted audience.
This cardboard engineered, pencil case shaped ‘envelope’
‘With email marketing becoming increasingly less responsive due to Inbox overload , this campaign was a great way for us to show print isn’t dead when combined with other marketing channels, good data and lots of imagination. Direct mail provides a brilliant “touchy feely” start to any crossmedia campaign’, says Steve Hall, general manager. ‘Plus, you are not competing with the next email message and those who receive a mail piece are more likely to keep it for future reading.’
With direct mail being statistically the highest response rate, marketers cannot afford to ‘bin’ this lucrative marketing channel.
SM1 Print Studio plan to follow up with case studies and a whitepaper on the success of their ‘Back to Work’ campaign.
Direct Mail Facts
- 21.9 million UK adults took action due to direct mail. That’s over 48% of the population (Royal Mail)
- 9 out of 10 people open direct mail (FastMAP)
- 49% of adults are more likely to open direct mail if they are intrigued by the package (British Market Research Bureau, 2010).
- The opening rate for direct mail sent to prospects stands at 91%, making it the best way to bring on board new customers (Billets Media Monitoring).
- 29% of marketers are increasing their direct mail budgets in 2012,
and 49% will keep their budgets the same (Target Marketing).