Weitz observes that often: “Expectant parents register for the best strollers, car seats, and cribs to ensure the safety of their children, but don’t ever consider the ramifications of bringing them into a home that contains toxic mold or poisonous lead dust. Eighty percent of all homes contain at least one environmental hazard. No parent would want to raise a child in a harmful environment if it could be helped,” he adds. “With a Healthy Baby, Healthy Home Inspection, a home can be tested for environmental hazards before the baby comes home. A parent could save their child from a lifetime of grief caused by a toxic environment.”
Inspired by Concerned Grandparents
Weitz noted that the idea for the Healthy Baby, Healthy Home program came from grandparents, who call RTK Environmental to test their children’s homes for environmental hazards before their grandchildren arrive. “We realized the time is right for this rather unconventional gift,” Weitz said. “We hope to make it easier for parents to have peace of mind.”
RTK Environmental has packaged its inspections along with eye-catching gift baskets that include an attractive diaper bag, picture frame, other special gifts that mom and baby will love, and a certificate to schedule their inspection. RTK Environmental offers four different inspection packages designed to suit individual needs:
• Only the Best for Baby – ($1,850) – This complete, top-of-the-line package includes a mold investigation with five samples, a lead paint inspection, a water potability sample, metals in soil test, and radon in air sample.
• Cuddle With Care – ($1,250) – This exquisite package includes a mold investigation with five samples, a water potability sample, and radon in air sample.
• Baby, Breathe Easy – ($725) – This deluxe package includes a mold investigation with three air samples.
• Love Without Lead – ($650) – This loving package, perfect for an older dwelling, includes a lead paint inspection, lead in water sample, and radon in air sample.
Custom packages are also available. Any Healthy Baby, Healthy Home package can be shipped directly to the recipient, or sent to the gift giver so they can present them this loving gift in person. Gift packages are currently available in areas of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. More information can be found at http://shop.rtkenvironmental.com.
RTK Environmental also is making it convenient for moms-to-be to register for an inspection on www.MyRegistry.com. The public is invited to call RTK for more information at (800) 392-6468 to discuss your needs.
Why Would I Need A Healthy Baby, Healthy Home Inspection?
Authorities such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency warn that children, particularly under the age of six, are more vulnerable than adults to environmental toxins and their potential health risks:
• Infants who live in homes that contain mold are three times more likely to develop asthma by age seven, according to recent studies;
• Lead poisoning is shown to cause autism, ADHD, brain damage, lower IQ, and a host of other physical and mental issues;
• The water you use every day to feed and bathe your newborn may be contaminated with bacteria, metal from pipes, arsenic that naturally occurs in groundwater, radon, pesticides, and more, which can cause a host of issues, including gastrointestinal illness, reproductive problems, and neurological disorders;
• Your soil might be harboring contaminants, including PCBs, radon, asbestos and lead, which can easily be ingested or breathed in by your child, and can cause a variety of symptoms from diarrhea and skin rashes to blood vessel damage.
• Radon gas is the leading cause of lung cancer deaths in the United States among non-smokers. It is present in nearly eight million homes.
About RTK Environmental Group
Based in Stamford, and serving all of Connecticut, southern New York State, and northern New Jersey, RTK Environmental Group leads the field of environmental testing and consulting in mold, lead, asbestos, water, soil, radon and indoor air quality testing. RTK offers XRF paint inspections, water testing, air testing, risk assessments, project monitoring, clearance testing, abatement planning, and training. It has provided testing services to more than 20,000 commercial and residential customers, ranging from homeowners and real estate investors to medical centers and housing authorities and many others. Company professionals are certified, licensed, and fully insured. The public is invited to visit RTK’s Web site, www.rtkenvironmental.com, or call (800) 392-6468.