Today, the shortlist was announced for the 2nd annual Solar Power Generation USA awards. Twelve entries in the categories of Best Solar Collaboration, Best Solar Project and Most Innovative Solar Company have been whittled down from a large number of very high calibre nominations submitted over the course of the past 4 months. Winners will be announced on Tuesday January 16th, in front of an audience of 300 solar professionals at the 5th Annual Solar Power Generation USA congress (http://www.solarpowergenerationusa.com/)
In the field of Best Solar Collaboration the shortlisted entries are:
· The San Miguel Power Association, Clean Energy Collective, Martifer Solar & SunSense solar for the 1.1MW community owned solar garden in Montrose County, Colorado
· Canadian Solar, Community Energy & groSolar for their collaboration on the Keystone Solar Energy Project, Pennsylvania
· KB Homes and SunPower in becoming the largest builder of solar homes in Southern California
· Rosedin Electric Inc and Hart School District for their efficient installations across high school campuses.
For Best Solar Project, a whole spectrum of project types and sizes were submitted. Those short listed are:
· The EDF Catalina solar project, set to become the largest CIS installation in the US and being the only solar-wind hybrid project in the state of California
· Mount St. Mary’s/ Constellation project demonstrating the potential of public-private partnerships for the advancement of renewables and taking the title of the largest operational solar project in the state
· Rockford Airport International-
· North- Shore Community Colleague in Danvers representing the first state owned net-zero energy building in Massachusetts.
For Most Innovative Solar Company the four short listed entries are:
· Dow for their Powerhouse Solar Shingles
· Silevo for their Triex Technology
· Clean Power Finance for their efforts to improve installer access to funding
· SunRun for making solar affordable to the masses with no upfront and service costs.
For more information on the awards visit www.solarpowergenerationusa.com
For information on press attendance please contact amber.williams@