If we do not follow these rules, we may end up finding ourselves on a list called MATCH or TMF, which is administrated by MasterCard. Once we are placed on this list by a processor, it is very difficult to get approved anywhere else.
There are 2 main category types when it comes to credit card processing. They are "swiped" and "keyed." Under these categories, you have several different methods or ways of processing that information.
• Mail & Telephone Order (MOTO) - typically take the customer's credit card information over the phone, by mail or through the Internet. They then manually process the transaction by keying it into either a credit card machine
• Face to Face (mobile) - this type of merchant is typically on the go, such as a vendor at a trade show. Instead of investing a lot of money into a wireless solution that allows you to swipe a credit card, you can use a service like touch tone that allows you to take the information in person, but key it in over the phone.
• Internet / Ecommerce Merchants - conducts business through a web site by utilizing a shopping cart and an Internet payment gateway service. The shopping cart allows the customer to browse, add items to their cart and checkout like at the grocery store. The payment gateway then collects the credit card information and processes it in real time.
• Restaurant - typically conduct their transactions face to face in a retail store. The difference is they may require the ability to add tips to their charges. This is done by using the tip function which settles the transaction for the larger amount that includes the tip.
• Wireless / Mobile - typically conduct transactions face to face but in a wireless environment as there is not a physical store. A wireless terminal machine is used instead of the traditional standalone unit.
• Retail Merchants - typically conduct transactions face to face in a retail environment. The customer's card is swiped through credit card machines and their signature is captured on the terminal or on paper.
• Lodging - typically processes their transactions like retail merchants except they may adjust the settlement amount depending on the customer's length of stay or include any additional charges they incurred while staying at the merchant. Example merchants would be hotels, motels and bed & breakfasts.
For further information please call 0161 928 2287 or visit our website at www.maxpaynow.com