ORPALIS PDF Reducer is meant for anyone with needs for file storage, file sharing and fast web view purposes. This new software gives the ability to:
- Select either individual files or entire folders to minimize the size of the corresponding PDFs.
- Make web publishing of PDFs allowing fast web view or just save time when sending them via internet.
- Get everything done really fast! Because ORPALIS PDF Reducer is multi-threaded the process becomes a lot quicker.
ORPALIS PDF Reducer provides different innovative, unique and highly sophisticated size-reducing techniques which can be optionally applied by the user. The selection includes:
- Content segmentation to increase compression ratio.
- Automatic application of the most effective compression scheme based on data type.
- Serialization of several compression algorithms.
- Use of innovative automatic color detection mechanism (as in ORPALIS PaperScan Scanner Software).
- Page layout analysis.
- Embedded raster images re-sampling.
- Embedded raster images re-compression.
- Unused objects removing.
- Removal of unwanted specific objects such as annotations, bookmarks, formfields, embedded files...
Which features are available in PDF Reducer Free Edition?
- Content segmentation and optimal compression.
- Automatic color detection and layout analysis.
- Embedded raster images re-sampling and re-composition.
- Fast web view support (linearization)
- Removal of unwanted or unused objects such as annotations, formfields, bookmarks etc.
- Unlimited batch processing (with a nag-screen every 5 files).
- Drag 'n Drop support.
ORPALIS PDF Reducer will output the files according to PDF standard versions from 1.2 up to 1.7, or simply retain the same version standard as the input file.
Default user interface language is English. Based on your Windows language settings, ORPALIS PDF Reducer automatically displays the localized version of the interface, if it exists among the translated interface versions. Currently the languages available are English and French.
The download is available on the ORPALIS website at http://www.orpalis.com/
Technical support for ORPALIS PDF Reducer Free Edition is delivered via our community forum section at http://forums.orpalis.com/
The Professional Edition of PDF Reducer will be released in the first quarter of 2013 with a commercial licensing.
ORPALIS is creator, developer and owner of the comprehensive document imaging toolkit series released under the brand "GdPicture", which is now a worldwide known and respected leader in imaging technologies. More than 12,000 developers based in over 70 countries include GdPicture components in their applications. In 2011 ORPALIS releases PaperScan, marking the beginning of a new line of products meant for end-users. PDF Reducer is launched in 2013. www.orpalis.com / www.gdpicture.com