Northernnjbusinessnews.weebly.com is a regularly updated online business resource that business professionals will find interesting and useful.
Here are a few of the news items you're likely to find on this new website:
About The Newark Regional Business Partnership
The Newark Regional Business Partnership based in Newark, New Jersey has a strong history of representing business and embracing diversity that dates to its founding as the Newark Board of Trade in 1869. Corporations, professionals, small businesses, universities and not-for-profits join NRBP to gain access to people and information, increase their organization’
In addition to participation in many events and councils, NRBP offers to its members:
CONNECTIONS AND INFORMATION:
One on one member assistance and access to an integrated network of businesses, higher education, government agencies and not-for-profit institutions.
· Newark Insiders Forums, a series of five informative breakfasts, helps to introduce NRBP members to the people, projects and ideas that are shaping Newark’s resurgence. Programs have featured elected officials, redevelopment plans and business leaders.
· Following a NRBP staff introduction at a networking event, two small business members collaborated on a contract proposal and received a significant contract for services that would not have been possible on an individual basis.
A voice for member businesses focusing on issues that impact economic growth and vitality.
· Working with city officials, NRBP successfully addressed a small business member’s concern about a traffic situation that endangered its employees.
· When a lack of federal funding for Amtrak threatened to cripple the infrastructure and service along the Northeast Corridor, NRBP was a leader in the formation of the 50-member Business Coalition for East Coal Rail that successfully lobbied Congress for funding.
· During recent highway construction on Route 21, state transportation plans called for inadequate road capacity on a section of highway leading to major highways. NRBP’s Transportation Council galvanized support for a better solution to this potential commuting nightmare. Click here to read more: http://northernnjbusinessnews.weebly.com/
BBB and FINRA Foundation Launch Smart Investing Website to Help Stop Investment Scams
Better Business Bureau and the FINRA Investor Education Foundation today launched a new consumer website, BBB Smart Investing, which is designed to help investors make smarter investing decisions while avoiding fraud, risky investments and unlicensed brokers. The campaign combines the research and expansive knowledge base of the FINRA Foundation with the extensive consumer outreach of BBB’s trusted 100-year-old name and its 104 local operations across the United States.
“Our partnership with BBB will help Americans in communities across the country protect their savings from fraudsters,”
Consumer financial fraud is a serious problem in North America. According to the Federal Trade Commission and the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, consumers reported losing more than $1.5 billion to all types of scams in 2011. FINRA Foundation research has found that investors are overconfident in their knowledge of financial management, particularly Baby Boomers who are most often the target of investment scams. A telephone survey found that 92% felt “somewhat”
“This is a great partnership,”
Click here to read more: http://northernnjbusinessnews.weebly.com/
Visit northernnjbusinessnews.weebly.com to view more North Jersey business news articles.