• Looks at the whole value stream
• Lean has lots of great tactical tools
• People have read about success at Toyota and want to do it themselves
Lean fails because:
• People treat all waste as equally bad
• People focus on reducing waste instead of increasing flow
• Lack of focus
• People do not see lean as a system and leave out important pieces – all must be present for Lean to be great
These are the opinions of Mark Woeppel and his team at Pinnacle Strategies; they are among the first in the world to integrate concepts with Business Process Reengineering, Lean, and Six Sigma. Along the way, helping companies produce astounding bottom line results.
Woeppel is an internationally known author, including The Manufacturer’
After carefully examining the value of Lean Manufacturing, Woeppel simplified great elements of Lean, and what causes Lean to fail.
Pinnacle Strategies (www.pinnacle-
Pinnacle Strategies is the developer of ViewPoint a service that dramatically simplifies managing projects, enabling project teams to rapidly improve project performance.
Pinnacle Strategies also is the creator of the RABIT methodology, a proprietary approach that is concentrated on implementing quick response solutions with rapid results. The RABIT methodology culminates years of practical experience and expertise in continuous improvement;
Pinnacle Strategies offers results-driven consulting solutions in the areas of performance management, project management, operations management, and supply chain.
Annette Hamilton, Director of Marketing