PRLog - Dec. 22, 2012 - ESSEN, Germany -- The 2nd European Conference on "Learning Innovations and Quality" (LINQ) has published a call for papers for its upcoming conference in Rome on the 13th and 14th of May 2013. LINQ is the leading annual European Conference on learning innovations and learning quality: organized by the University of Duisburg-Essen, LINQ attracts participants throughout Europe and the successful LINQ 2012 in Brussels was also able to welcome experts from Asia, America and Africa.
LINQ 2013's motto: “Innovations and Quality: The Future of Digital Resources"
This year, LINQ 2013 and its motto “Innovations and Quality: The Future of Digital Resources” addresses and invites experts active in the field of Innovations and Quality in Lifelong Learning (LLL): potential points of access to this field include new learning methods and design, Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL), quality standards and certification, human resources development, competences and skills, digital resources, learning materials, and online collaboration and communities. Through these themes, LINQ 2013 will bring together an international audience of various academic and professional backgrounds, providing the foundation for a rewarding exchange of knowledge and experience. Interested researchers and organizations are thus welcome to submit their best work on the conference topics (in detail below) by the 4th of February 2013 (paper submission deadline).
“The dialogue at LINQ 2012 in Brussels demonstrated several critical points of potential development regarding the relationship between learning quality and innovation,”
The LINQ 2013 call for papers invites all experts and practitioners to contribute to LINQ’s dialogue through the submission of high-quality papers describing fully-developed results, on-going work or innovative concepts related to the following topics:
• Innovations and future trends in Learning, Education and Training (LET)
• Quality improvement and learning outcome orientation in LET
• Harmonization of innovations and quality development in LET
• Digital resources, online repositories and metadata for online objects
• Web 2.0, Social Media and Online Communities for LET
• Open access, open educational resources and user-generated content
• Learning quality in vocational education and training and HR
• Implementation of learning innovations and quality improvements
• Knowledge, innovation and ideas management in LET contexts
• Standardisation of LET design, production and services
• Quality management, standards, and certification in LET
• Competence and skills development in lifelong learning
• Quality and standardization of learning assessment and evaluation
Submissions of papers related to the conference (max eight pages) must be sent by February 4th, 2013, using the official LINQ template. All papers will be reviewed by the international scientific LINQ Programme Committee through double-blind peer review. Submitters will be informed of their acceptance by the 20th of March 2013. All accepted papers can be presented at the LINQ conference, will be published in the official proceedings of the European conference (with ISBN) and distributed to all conference participants as well as throughout Europe. Specific guidelines and requirements can be found on the conference website at www.learning-
Attendance at the European conference "Learning Innovations and Quality" (LINQ 2013) is subject to a conference fee (early bird rate: 90 €) and requires registration through the LINQ website, as places are limited. The conference fee includes all provisions including a warm 3-course lunch, the coffee breaks, the conference bag, and the official conference proceedings. At least one author has to register for the publication of an accepted paper.
Overview of the important dates:
- Paper submission deadline: 4th of February 2013
- Notification of acceptance: 20th of March 2013
- LINQ Conference days: 13th and 14th of May 2013 in Rome
For the latest information on the conference, please visit and like the LINQ Conference Facebook page at www.facebook.com/