Celebrating 4.5 months in business on 12/31/2012, the Pittsboro Roadhouse will hold a festive New Year's Eve party with the lively local dance band for a $15 cover charge that includes entertainment, Hors D'Oeuvres and a Midnight Champagne Toast. http://pittsbororoadhouse.com/
ZamBamBooGee is a Pittsboro-based five piece band that performed on the opening night of the restaurant, August 17, 2012. http://www.zambamboogee.com/
ZamBamBooGee members are:
• Susanne Saunders, who sings, plays keyboards, flute,and composes original music;
• Bruce Saunders, who mainly plays 5 string bass, occasionally ventures into playing guitars, and also likes to write instrumental music for the band;
• Travis Cohn, the man behind the drum kit;
• Joey Howell, who plays lead guitar, sings, plays percussion, and composes
original music, and;
• Scotty Young, who plays percussion, harmonica and guitar sometimes with a slide.
"We perform originals and covers from many styles of dance music," says the band's website,"though we tend towards a jazzy/funky feel on whatever tune we are playing."
The Hors D'Oeuvres Buffet menu for the 2012 New Year's Eve party includes:
• Assorted Cheese & Crackers
• Marinated Grilled Vegetables w/Garlic Aioli
• Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
• Chicken Sliders w/ Blue Cheese & Ranch Dressings
• Marinated Black Eyed Pea Salad
• Wasabi Tuna on Wonton Cracker
• Toasted Phyllo Cup w/ Grilled Chicken, Cilantro, & Mango
At midnight, everyone will be offered champagne for a toast.
Cash bar, desserts and coffees.
For reservations, please call 919-542-2432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Pittsboro Roadhouse & General Store
The Pittsboro Roadhouse & General Store opened in mid-August in the space previously known as the General Store Cafe. Owner Greg Lewis, also the owner of the award-winning Catering by Design catering company, and his extended family worked to renovate the space with new floors, paint, sun-shielding coating on the windows, and a fresh clean look and feel inside and out.
The restaurant has featured live music every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights since the opening, and is hosting other events, including First Monday Movie Night; First and Third Wednesday Karaoke and Second and Fourth Wednesdays Open Mic with Raleigh Event DJ Brad Junell; http://raleigheventdj.com/
Owner Greg Lewis is also an executive chef with decades of experience that includes managing large hotel restaurants, and developing menus for brand new restaurants. Lewis will be reworking the Pittsboro Roadhouse menu for the new 2013 year, based in part on feedback from encouraging and helpful customers.
Lewis' wife, Maria Parker Lewis works closely with the Pittsboro Roadhouse and manages the art and fine crafts in the General Store, a dedicated space in the Pittsboro Roadhouse that sells mostly local-made pottery, jewelry, rugs, walking sticks, wind chimes, painted wine glasses, elegant aprons, and a line of painted garments. Paintings by the Siler City-based artist Ricky Lindley decorate the Pittsboro Roadhouse walls, and are also available for sale in the store, along with paintings by several other artists. Hand-made greeting cards from several artists are displayed.
Food items are also sold in the Pittsboro Roadhouse store, wines, the Pittsboro Roadhouse coffee blend, Suki's Blends herbal teas, and flavored sugars, salts and oils.
For more information visit: http://www.pittsbororoadhouse.com.