The IES & BD awards program recognizes teams, companies and organizations that have demonstrated exemplary performance through leadership, innovation, vision and customer development in sales and business development. The awards recognize organizations across all industries including financial services, technology, professional services, government contracting, product sales, moving and storage, and entertainment. Previous winners and finalists include Blackboard, Oracle, Microsoft, Carahsoft, DLT Solutions, Marsh Insurance, Learning Tree International, JK Moving and MicroTech.
The following five awards will be given out at the award event:
· Excellence in Sales Innovation: Criteria include new sales processes, technology usage such as CRM or sales automation, and sales and marketing integration.
· Excellence in Team Building, Management and Development: Criteria include internal team development, hiring, recruiting, cross-functional development, retention, leadership development and sales management strategies.
· Excellence in Sales Training: Criteria include training programs, online training programs and third party training programs.
· Excellence in Customer Partnering: Recognizes how organizations work with customers to build great solutions that are bigger than the sale itself. The award may also recognize teaming partnerships.
· Excellence in Strategic Alliances: Recognizes excellence in company-to-company teamwork that provides exceptional solutions for customers.
“Companies across all industries continue to be challenged with creating ways to show value to their prospects and customers,” said Fred Diamond, founder of IES&BD and president of DIAMOND Strategic Marketing. “The IES&BD annual award program recognizes the great companies that continue to implement exciting and rewarding sales programs, processes, and strategies that put them above the competition.”
Diamond, one of the leading go-to market strategy consultants and implementation gurus to high-tech and professional services companies in the Mid-Atlantic and beyond, also said that one of the goals of the awards program is to identify best practices, operational excellence and thought leadership.
“The programs these companies have put into effect represent the pinnacle of sales programmatic excellence,”
Also at the event, the third annual IES&BD Lifetime Achievement Award will be given to IBM Global Public Sector General Manager Anne Altman.
Ms. Altman’s three-decade career with IBM has been heavily influenced by the success she has delivered to IBM in the government market. Known as a transformational leader, she has often been tapped to address complex business challenges within IBM and on behalf of clients. Most notably, she re-established IBM’s footprint as a major force in the U.S. federal market, and led the company’s server hardware business during the most important product launch in the history of the mainframe business – the System z mainframe.
“Anne Altman represents excellence in sales leadership like few others I have met,” Diamond said. “Like past recipients Robert Guerra and Jay Nussbaum, she truly represents what our Lifetime Achievement Award represents.”
All nominations are due by January 31, 2013. For more information, visit i4esbd.org