The ideal place to start when getting to the bare bones of running shoes is with the product description. Below are the company styled features of Asics running shoes:
• Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel Cushioning Systems - Absorbs shock during the impact points of the gait cycle. This allows the foot to easy glide through the movement from heal to toe.
• Removable EVA Sockliner - A soft sock liner inner to the shoe which can be removed if need be to accomodate a medical orthotic.
• Full Length Guidence Line - This is a vertical Flex point throughout the shoe that is designed to keep the foot tracking properly along the gait cycle.
• SpEVA Midsole Material - This material improves 'bounce back' off the hard surfaces and decreases the breakdown of the sole unit.
• Trusstic System - Is a light weight part of the sole that stops the shoe from twisting which retains the strucural integrity of the shoe.
• Impact Guidance system (I.G.S) - These are materials designed to all work together from the point of contact on heel strike to when the toe leaves the ground on push off.
• ComforDry Sockliner - Provides a softer inner to the shoe and a anti-microbial properties to keep your foot cooler and dryer.
• Gender Specific Cushioning - The whole sole unit is made up of Solyte and features a lower gender specific density top layer which allows for improved support and cushioning.
For most of us these descriptions may mean a load of gobbledygook, however if you break them down you do get a fantastic running shoe.
They are extremely comfortable, support a runners gait, support the foot and joints as a whole as well as provide heal and toe support. The anti-twist ankle feature also prevents those sprained ankles. They also have breathability and a removal insole for easy clean. What's unique about Asics is that they have really thought about a runner's need. The design of the shoe means that they help with foot left off and cushion landing blows. This means minimal effort for maximum running potential.
With all of these features, a range of colours and styles as well as reflective stripes for safety, Asics running shoes can really not be faulted.
http://www.originalsports.co.uk have an extensive range of Asics running shoes in store and online. They provide gait analysis and advice on the best shoe for you.