Lynn Smith Chevrolet is pleased to provide Fort Worth Chevy drivers with vehicle maintenance tips. They are offering you a quick and easy guide to winterizing your coach fresh water system.
This method works best if the coach is not used during the winter months and if all water is removed from the lines and drains. Follow Esther’s Tips and you will be set for winter storage.
Coach Maintenance Tips for Fort Worth Chevy Drivers
It’s essential to winterize your coach properly, so it will be ready to go for the next season. After finding a comfortable spot for your vehicle, the task then becomes how to negate the possible damaging effects of winter on your coach fresh water system. Make sure to follow the steps below:
1. Drain both fresh water and hot water tanks.
2. Dump and flush both black and gray water holding tanks. Leave gray water valve open.
3. Screw compressed air adaptor into the fresh water inlet. The adaptor is available from most RV parts dealers.
4. Apply compressed air, keeping the pressure less that 20 lbs/sq. inch.
5. Open each faucet, one valve at a time, allowing the compressed air to force the water out of the line. Don’t forget the showers (inside and outside) and the toilet.
6. Remove the drain plug from the hot water tank and allow the compressed air to blow out the remaining water. Reinstall drain plug.
7. Remove the compressed air source and adaptor
8. Pour a few cups of the RV & Marine antifreeze (this is for fresh water systems) down each drain and the toilet.
Once this process is completed, your coach will be ready for winter storage. However, if you use the coach during the winter months, the above steps will need to be repeated before returning coach to storage
For additional advice on RV maintenance and service, please call a leading Chevy dealership near Fort Worth, Lynn Smith Chevrolet, at (800) 280-6538.
About Lynn Smith Chevrolet
At Lynn Smith Chevrolet, they strive to provide Fort Worth Chevy shoppers with the best selection of new and used cars. Their new and used car specialists will answer any questions you may have. Their relaxed, yet professional sales approach means you’ll feel confident buying your next vehicle from them.
Feel free to read some trustworthy Lynn Smith Chevrolet reviews written by their satisfied customers.
Lynn Smith Chevrolet
925 N Burleson Blvd
Burleson, TX 76028
Phone: (800) 280-6538