Summary of main changes:
• The 2012 ISTQB Advanced Level Course Syllabi have been created as three stand-alone syllabi with a single overview document;
• The duration of the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst course syllabus has been reduced from five days to four;
• The duration of the ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst course syllabus has been reduced from five days to three;
• Business Outcomes now form the basis of the Advanced syllabuses;
• More K levels have been introduced and the learning objectives have been improved.
• No overlap in material between the ISTQB courses
• Changes to the exam structure; length and number of questions
• Improvement in the consistency and clear scoping between the three Advanced modules
The CTAL ISTQB Advanced Course 2012 examinations will be launched on 1st December – this is the earliest date that the new 2012 ISTQB Advanced Course exams will be available.
What does this mean for delegates?
• All TSG ISTQB Advanced training courses; Test Manager, Test Analyst and Technical Test Analyst, running in 2012 will use the 2007 syllabus;
• The ISTQB Advanced exams for the 2007 syllabus will not be available after July 2013;
• TSG will only offer re-sit exams for the ISTQB Advanced exams on selected dates in early 2013;
• If for any reason you fail the ISTQB Advanced exam, we cannot guarantee there will be an option to re-sit an ISTQB Advanced training course with the 2007 syllabus in a classroom environment
>> Visit our website for more information about changes to the ISTQB Advanced training courses and to register your interest and keep up to date with the changes http://testing-
If you have any queries regarding this please email TSG’s Training Team to discuss or call +44 (0) 20 7 469 1500