WHAT: In celebration of the holidays, Operation Kindness (http://www.operationkindness.org/)
WHEN: Dec. 17-31, 2012
WHERE: 3201 Earhart Drive, Carrollton, TX 75006
DISCOUNTED FEES: Anyone who wishes to receive the special rate should mention the holiday promotion.
· $82.50 for cats
· $101.25 for kittens (under 1 year of age)
· $120.00 for dogs
· $138.50 for puppies (under 1 year of age)
Adoption fees help cover the costs of caring for the animals at Operation Kindness, such as tests, vaccinations, collars/tags, microchipping, medical procedures, surgeries, rehabilitation and recovery. On average, Operation Kindness spends more than $270 for each animal in its care. Donations are greatly appreciated.
DETAILS: Operation Kindness recommends the main caregiver be involved with picking out the pet because it aids with the bonding process and helps ensure that the caregiver is prepared for the responsibility. When selecting a pet for a child, it isn’t necessary to include that child in the adoption process. However, it can be beneficial because children who are involved often feel a greater sense of responsibility for their pets and take a more active role in their care.
For every adopted animal, Operation Kindness provides:
· Adoption counseling to help the adopter select the dog or cat best suited to his/her needs, family and home environment
· Pet care and educational materials
· Temporary carrier for cats or temporary leash for dogs
· Operation Kindness tag with animal ID
· Microchip ID and lifetime registration
· Rabies tag for animals over four months of age
· Pet-care starter kit with food samples and helpful information
· Spay or neuter surgery (if not previously done)
In order to adopt an animal from Operation Kindness, you must:
· Be at least 21 years of age
· Have a valid, government-issued photo ID with your current address on it
· Be able to verify that you can have a pet where you live
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday – 1 to 8 PM
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday – 1 to 8 PM
Thursday – Noon to 8 PM
Friday - Noon to 5 PM
Saturday – 11 AM to 5 PM
Sunday - Noon to 5 PM
*Operation Kindness will be open from 11 AM to 5 PM on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
ABOUT: Founded in 1976, Operation Kindness is the oldest and largest no-kill shelter in North Texas. Its mission is to care for homeless cats and dogs in a no-kill environment until each is adopted into responsible homes and to advocate humane values and behavior. Operation Kindness has saved nearly 70,000 animals since its inception. Operation Kindness cares for an average of 200-250 animals on a day-to-day basis, with another 60-80 animals in foster homes. More than 3,000 dogs and cats are assisted by Operation Kindness each year. Learn more about Operation Kindness at http://www.operationkindness.org or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/