So many Mobility Scooter Models – which one is right for you?
There are approximately 200 different models of new Mobility Scooters for sale in the UK.
Broad specifications range from:
ü 3 wheel Mobility Scooters
ü 4 wheel Mobility Scooters
ü Folding / Portable / Lightweight Mobility Scooters
ü Heavier but still Transportable Mobility Scooters
ü Pavement, Road or Off-road Mobility Scooters
ü User weight
Once you have identified your key requirements surprisingly the choice is reduced to between 1 and 5 Mobility Scooters UK wide.
Don’t buy the first shiny new Mobility Scooter that catches your eye
Because there are so many models to choose from with subtle yet sometimes all important differences scanning brochures, dealer websites and visiting mobility equipment shops will never give your mind chance to properly compare your needs against the list upon list of features.
You’ll end up buying from the heart instead of with your head and making allowances for its lack of suitability for years afterwards.
You’re not alone, we’ve all bought the shiny car or sparkly shoes that caught our attention the first moment we entered the website or shop when we intended to take our time and compare our options.
Whether you’re buying used Mobility Scooters or new Mobility Scooters in the UK there are some key questions you need to ask yourself before you step out the door or enter that first website.
Identify your key needs and buy with your head not your heart
Key criteria for identifying your Best Mobility Scooter:
1. 4 wheel or 3 wheel Mobility Scooter? (3 wheel tend to offer better manoeuvrability for use in and around the home)
2. Where do you want to take your Scooter? Just on the pavement, road and pavement or even road, pavement and off-road?
3. Will you want to transport your Mobility Equipment by car or public transport? (Lightweight Mobility Scooters are more suited to Public transport. If you have a car or van then you can broaden your choice to transportable models that dismantle)
4. What is your weight? (Over or under 18 Stone is a key Mobility Scooter specification)
5. How far will you or do you expect to take your Scooter? (A Scooter with a range of 10 miles or less is unlikely to suit you if you intend to spend days out with family or friends)
6. What is your budget? (There are Mobility Scooters in every price band and with careful planning you’ll be able to find your perfect Mobility companion without spending one penny over what you intended)
A free, simple and unique Mobility Scooter Comparison Guide
To help you in your search we have produced a unique, entirely independent Mobility Scooter Comparison Guide.
The Guide is absolutely free, covers all types, models and manufacturers of Mobility Scooters from Shoprider, Pride Mobility, Rascal, TGA and many more reputable manufacturers and suppliers.
Simply designed, within minutes of downloading our Mobility Scooter Comparison Guide you’ll know exactly which models will suit you and your budget.
An independent Comparison Guide to save you both time and money
Here are just three examples of how useful the Guide could be:
Want a reasonably powered 6-8 MPH Scooter but also want to take it with you for days out or on holiday? There are only two Class 3 Mobility Scooters capable of being dismantled and transported without you having to resort to ramps and/or vans.
Over 18 Stone, want a 3 wheel Mobility Scooter that is manoeuvrable but your budget is less than £1,000. You only have a choice of one Scooter that would suit all your needs perfectly.
Only want to use your Mobility Scooter on the Pavement but also want to go further than the local shops? There is only one Scooter that has a range of over 20 miles between charges and costs under £999.
Imagine trying to explain your list of needs to an uninterested shop sales assistant, or trying to type your desires into Google or Bing.
You’ll waste a lot of time getting nowhere.
Our Mobility Scooter Comparison Guide will guide you simply and within minutes to your perfect list of Scooters which you can then ask for or search for my name and model.
Buy wisely and you’ll love your Mobility Scooter for as long as you own it.
Make a careful, practical and sensible purchase without any compromises.
Armed with that information you can visit our independent Mobility Scooter Reviews for more information, visit your local mobility products supplier or mobility solutions website to purchase the Scooter that you love.
That love affair will continue for as long as you keep your Mobilty Scooter as you will have made