Professor Monteiro is a world renowned Brazilian Jiu Jitsu coach with the following accomplishments:
● He is the author of the first No Gi Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu book called "Secret Positions." Gracie Magazine launched Secret Positions on how to teach BJJ positions without a Gi. The Gracie magazine sold the Secret Positions No Gi Book (at the Gracie Shop) in Brazil for approximately five years from 1998-2003. Marcello was the first person ever to show the Anaconda choke in a printed publication.
● He took part in a documentary about De La Riva's life and his created guard position known as the "De La Riva Hook". In the documentary, Marcello was demostrating some positions with De La Riva himself. In the video, Marcello was featured along side many great masters such as Rickson Gracie, Carlson Gracie, Royler Gracie, Renzo Gracie, Ze Mario Sperry, Murilo Bustamante and Rodrigo Nogueira (Minotauro), telling about De La Riva's life. That documentary is still currently sold in Japan.
● Marcello won the first and only Carlson Gracie Competition Team"Tournament"
● He is graduate of the "Rio De Janeiro State Jiu-Jitsu Federation", which is a federation in Brazil that sets and maintains the standards of Jiu Jitsu in Rio de Janeiro/Brazil.
● Registered as a Physical Education Professor from "Conselho Regional de Educacao Fisica - CREF-010016P/
● Achieved his Black Belt under Master Ricardo De La Riva in April 1999.
● In 2001, he received an additional certificate for his black belt from 9th degree red belt Carlos Robson Gracie.
● Marcello is best know as an instructor that has turned regular students into State, National and World champions.
We encourage you to visit the academy and sign up for this one in a life time opportunity to train with one of the world's best. Seminar Fees are the following:
● $85 for pre-registration
● $100 at the door.
If you have questions about this seminar you can contact Dominion Mixed Martial Arts Academy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 210-560-0662. We will accept cash, personal checks and all major credit cards for the seminar.