Botanical Name: Curcuma longa
Common Name: Turmeric, Haldi, Harida,
It is perennial herb native to Southern Asia and is cultivated throughout India. Curcumin is one of three curcuminoids of turmeric. Curcumin is obtained by solvent extraction from dried turmeric roots. Curcumin is the main biologically active phytochemical compound of Turmeric. It is extracted, concentrated, standardized and researched for its renowned range of disease-preventing medicinal properties. Curcumin is well documented in cancer management.
· Blocks NFKB-An inflammation mediator.
· Protects cells and tissues by fighting free radicals. (antioxidant)
· Minimize damage From Smoking , Alcohol Consumption and even some pharmaceutical drugs/
· Blocks cancer causing chemicals, because it is anti-angiogenic.
· Inhibits the epidermal growth factor receptor site which is necessary for cancer cell growth.
· Protects the cardiovascular system by lowering serum cholesterol and inhibiting platelet aggregation
· It can bind with heavy metals such as cadmium and lead, thereby reducing the toxicity of these heavy metals. This property explains its protective action to the brain.
· It acts as a free radical scavenger and antioxidant, inhibiting lipid peroxidation and oxidative DNA damage.
Available Grades: Curcumin 5%, Curcumin 95%