LAI has combined its three Arizona facilities—its manufacturing plants in Phoenix and Tucson, and corporate headquarters in Scottsdale—into the 32,400-square-
“Our new center of excellence spotlights LAI's precision manufacturing processes and innovations in advanced manufacturing technology,”
Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) capabilities have been added to complement the facility's complete-part manufacturing capabilities. The facility features the company's core machining capabilities of advanced waterjet and laser machining in separate production areas, in addition to secondary machining operations, including metal fabrication and finishing areas, tool shop and a larger assembly area.
“The facility is producing product now and will be fully operational Dec. 24, after we complete our moves from the Phoenix and Tucson locations,” said Joe Wagner, V.P. of Manufacturing Excellence, LAI International, and Site Leader for Arizona Operations. “The production floor is configured and workstations laid out for efficient material throughput and increased production-line capacity.”
Renovations and improvements to the building were started in October, and manufacturing equipment was moved and installed in the facility during the past several weeks. The facility is located at 708 W. 22nd St., Tempe, Ariz.
About LAI International, Inc.
LAI International, Inc. is a leading contract manufacturer of make-complete precision-engineered components and assemblies for aerospace, power generation, defense, medical and other advanced technology industries. The company’s technology, engineering and manufacturing solutions are used to build components for airframes, aircraft engines, power generators, defense systems, medical devices and other industrial applications.
LAI has developed strategic relationships with leading global OEMs and operates four U.S. manufacturing facilities, with locations in Tempe, Ariz., Minneapolis, Westminster, Md., and Scarborough, Maine—all of which are IS0 9001:2008 and AS9100 certified. The company also offers Nadcap-certified conventional and non-conventional machining processes.
LAI has developed innovative applications in advanced machining processes, including waterjet cutting and drilling, laser cutting, drilling, welding and heat-treating, EDM drilling, CNC EDM, high-speed EDM, conventional CNC machining, five-axis CNC machining and precision five-axis grinding. The company also provides gage calibration, tooling production, air-flow inspection and additional manufacturing services.
For more information, see www.LAIco.com.
Quick Facts about LAI International
- Four U.S. manufacturing facilities: Tempe, Ariz., Minneapolis, Minn., Westminster, Md., and Scarborough, Maine
- Corporate headquarters located in Tempe, Ariz.
- Founded in 1979
- ISO 9001 | AS9100 | Nadcap certified
- Certified Minority Business Enterprise
- ACE Corporate Excellence Award, four-time winner, 2008-11
- Arizona Manufacturers Council's Outstanding Small-to-Medium Manufacturer of the Year, 2011
- Boeing Performance Excellence Award, 2010
- GE Customer Impact of the Year Award winner
- Lockheed Martin Corporate STAR Supplier
- Northrop Grumman Platinum Source Preferred Supplier, four-time winner, 2008-11
- Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private U.S. company, five-time award winner, 2007-11