PRLog - Dec. 5, 2012 - HOUSTON -- As part of a “Year End” or SOX Compliance audit, system managers must demonstrate proper access controls exist that protect the company investment. For example you may be asked to:
• Present all transactions to which an individual may have access. Or
• Which users have access to a particular part of the software.
While this information is available in the IFS Solution Manager, it requires some technical knowledge to gather the information from several places in the application.
Nayo Technologies has developed the “IFS Security Navigator” that presents User security in 3 dimensional formats that are easy to understand.
Auditors and System Administrators can use IFS Security Navigator to easily maintain User access and demonstrate compliance with internal and external (SOX) policy controls.
The first dimension lists all users and their roles along with all available commands.
The information is color coded to visually categorize access level:
o red is for no access
o blue is for partial access
o black is for full access.
The second dimension lists all commands with corresponding Users which are categorized into one of three groups – Full Access, Partial Access or No Access.
The third dimension for viewing security displays the information in the familiar IFS Menu format and is consistent with the color code used throughout this tool. Thus indicating which IFS menu items a User has access.
Finally, the security information may be exported to an “excel spreadsheet”
1. Export Current User/Roles
2. Export Active Users
3. Export All Users
Using the export option eliminates the need to print thousands of pages of reports containing security information and continues the IFS “Go Green” initiative.
• Nayo Technologies has made managing security in IFS extremely easy.
• System Administrators and Auditors can present and review IFS security data in three color coded dimensional formats.
1. By User along with all their command access
2. By Command along with all User who have access
3 By access in the familiar IFS Menu
• No modification to IFS source code.
• Continues the IFS “Go Green” initiative.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the installation process and for additional information on IFS Security Navigator or any other smart plug-ins that have become so popular with IFS customers.