Patrick J. “P.J.” Gruetzmacher,
Chief Executive Officer and
President, LAI International
PHOENIX, Nov. 30, 2012 — The Arizona Manufacturers Council elected Patrick J. “P.J.” Gruetzmacher, Chief Executive Officer and President of LAI International, Inc., as a director of the board for the organization.
The AMC, which joined forces in 2007 with Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry, promotes a positive business climate for manufacturing and supports a strong industrial manufacturing base. It works to provides a globally competitive environment for the manufacturing sector of the economy and promotes innovation and investments in research and development.
The council, which elected new directors to the board Nov. 28, deals with a variety of policy issues that affect Arizona manufacturers, including the environment, energy, education, workforce development, human resources and intellectual property.
LAI International, a strategic supplier of precision components and subassemblies for original equipment manufacturers, was recognized as AMC's Outstanding Small-to-Medium Manufacturer of the Year in 2011.
About LAI International, Inc.
LAI International, Inc. is a leading contract manufacturer of make-complete precision-engineered components and assemblies for aerospace, power generation, defense, medical and other advanced technology industries. The company’s technology, engineering and manufacturing solutions are used to build components for airframes, aircraft engines, power generators, defense systems, medical devices and other industrial applications.
LAI has developed strategic relationships with leading global OEMs and operates four U.S. manufacturing facilities, with locations in Tempe, Ariz., Minneapolis, Westminster, Md., and Scarborough, Maine—all of which are IS0 9001:2008 and AS9100 certified. The company also offers Nadcap-certified conventional and non-conventional machining processes.
LAI has developed innovative applications in advanced machining processes, including waterjet cutting and drilling, laser cutting, drilling, welding and heat-treating, EDM drilling, CNC EDM, high-speed EDM, conventional CNC machining, five-axis CNC machining and precision five-axis grinding. The company also provides gage calibration, tooling production, air-flow inspection and additional manufacturing services.
LAI International is certified as a Minority Business Enterprise.
For more information, see www.LAIco.com.
Quick Facts about LAI International
- Five U.S. manufacturing facilities: Tempe, Ariz., Minneapolis, Westminster, Md., and Scarborough, Maine
- Corporate headquarters located in Tempe, Ariz.
- Founded in 1979
- ISO 9001 | AS9100 | Nadcap certified
- ACE Corporate Excellence Award, four-time winner, 2008-11
- Arizona Manufacturers Council's Outstanding Small-to-Medium Manufacturer of the Year, 2011
- Boeing Performance Excellence Award, 2010
- GE Customer Impact of the Year Award winner
- Lockheed Martin Corporate STAR Supplier
- Northrop Grumman Platinum Source Preferred Supplier, four-time winner, 2008-11
- Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private U.S. company, five-time award winner, 2007-11