PRLog - Nov. 30, 2012 - ATLANTA -- Atlanta, GA – Southland Custom Homes is proud to build quality homes that also help save the environment with innovative new building solutions. Thanks to their Green Features, Southland Custom Homes builds houses that are more energy efficient and can reduce energy use by as much as 25%. Not only does this lower the environmental impact of each home, but it also saves the homeowners money on their monthly bills. Southland Custom Homes offers a variety of options to make every home a little greener:
● ZIP System Framing creates a water-resistant barrier that protects the structure of the home during the building process and for the life of the home. This system allows for easy building and installation, and comes with a 30-year warranty.
● AdvanTech Floor Sheathing is designed for strength and moisture resistance. These floors will reduce moisture problems and provide stiffness to eliminate squeaks and creaks throughout the years.
● Ridge and Soffit Roof Vent Systems allow excellent ventilation to keep homes the perfect temperature and lower monthly electric bills. This system also reduces moisture and provides superior climate control.
● Low E Insulated Glass Windows let in light without affecting the temperature of the home. Two layers of glass, with space between, create a barrier that traps unwanted temperatures and still allows the home to be filled with natural light.
● Insulated Exterior Doors are beautiful additions that keep out unwanted weather while enhancing the look of the home. These durable doors are made to withstand the outside elements and add an aesthetic appeal.
● Fiberglass Insulation keeps homes comfortable without wasting energy. Fiberglass insulation reduces the amount of fuel needed to heat and cool the home, reducing the overall cost of electricity.
● Central Heat and Air Conditioning is responsible for almost half of the energy used in every home. Southland Custom Homes uses energy efficient systems from Amana or Carrier that are designed to cut back energy use and save money.
● Air Infiltration Sealing Systems eliminate leaks and cracks that let in unwanted air and moisture. These systems help keep every home comfortable and dry. They also produce great energy savings.
● Energy Star Appliances add the perfect finishing touch to the energy efficient home. Each appliance is government certified to use less energy without sacrificing excellent quality and productivity.
● Plumbing has the largest impact on water bills every month. Southland Custom Homes uses ultra-low consumption toilets and low flow faucets and shower heads to save water and energy.
Southland Custom Homes is a leader in sustainable home building. For over 30 years they have been dedicated to coming up with environmentally friendly options for every home. Now, everyone is invited to Go Green with Southland Custom Homes!
For more information about Southland Custom Homes and their custom home building process, visit www.southlandcustomhomes.com or call (770) 422-1777.
About Southland Custom Homes
Southland Custom Homes is one of Georgia’s premier on-your-lot new home builders. Since 1980, Southland has helped thousands of people build high quality new homes in metro Atlanta, Macon, and North and South Georgia, while staying true to its mission of building quality, affordable custom homes on the land their customers love. With model centers located in Marietta, Stone Mountain, Dawsonville, Metro Atlanta and Macon, the Southland Custom Homes team is your best choice for a Georgia new home builder. If someone wants a custom built home of high quality that fits their lifestyle and budget, with superior service, Southland Custom Homes is the right house builder. Customers may choose from over 120 beautiful custom home plans, each one customized to suit the customer’s individual needs. Customers who have their own house plan can get a free estimate to build from Southland within 48 hours. Southland will also design and build a new home “from scratch” for those individuals who want all of their ideas incorporated in their perfect dream home. Best of all these custom home design services are free to Southland customers!