Good candidates for breast augmentation procedures include the following:
- Those who feel that the breasts are too proportionately small,
- Those who have difficulty finding clothing that fits because the bust is often too large,
- Those who layer or distract to hide the natural size or shape of their breasts,
- Those who have noticed a change in their breasts after pregnancy or breast-feeding,
- Those who have recently lost weight, and
- Those with two breasts of noticeably varying size.
During your personal consultation with Dr. Klein, he will engage you in an involved discussion to determine your goals regarding breast size and shape, as well as the motivating factors that have led you to pursue breast augmentation. In some cases, a breast lift is found to be more effective than an augmentation. Either way, he will examine your breasts, measuring them and observing nipple placement.
Be prepared to discuss your personal medical history, as well the medical histories of your family members. Be very open about your past, especially factors that might affect breast augmentation surgery, as neglecting to mention important details can hinder the safety and outcome of the procedure.