As the awards got underway, there was a great sense of unity in the air, as everyone came together under the Scottish banner to enjoy the occasion. Television Presenter and Journalist Andrew Neil and comedian Hardeep Singh Kohli provided fantastic entertainment as the compares for the night, bouncing off each other and keeping the crowd in fits of laughter.
The Olympian's still beaming with pride from their sporting achievements this year were happy to mingle with guests and have pictures taken holding their medals.
Luke Patience commented "I'm already beginning training for Rio 2016"
Gold medal winner Tim Baillie was presented with the Aberdeen Asset Management Great Scot Award for Sport - "this was not something I imagined at the beginning of the year and it's been truly an amazing year for Scottish sport"
Lorraine Kelly was honoured to present the media award and was dressed suitably in a tartan ensemble, however sadly had to leave early commenting "My busy career leaves me with a social life of a toddler as I have to be up at 4am."
Music sensation Mylo was joined by his adoring wife and as he collected his award he explained "I'm very surprised and overwhelmed to be invited let alone win. This is my first night out with my wife since the birth of our baby who was born in June."
Please see below for the list of winners and categories:
5. Performing Arts: Jamie Sives presented by Dougie Duncanson of Johnnie Walker
7. Art: Richard Demarco presented by Jack Vettriano (Great Scot 2009)
8. Great Scot: Sir Alex Ferguson presented by Sir Tom Hunter (Great Scot 2011)
9. Life Time Achievement:
After the awards, there was the incredible Charity Auction, with all proceeds going to STV appeal supporting Scotland's children. The main talking point of the auction was the fantastic Jack Vettriano painting that had been specially commissioned for the night - named "Late Night Rituals II." Having generated much interest in the art world, the painting on the night was in a fierce bidding war, and Jack himself being present to congratulate the successful bidder.
Jack had presented this year's art winner eminent Scottish Artist, Richard Demarco, who coincidentally shared his 'Italo Scot' heritage and joked "every great Scot has a bit of Italian in them"
Other lots at the auction also included:
· Never to be repeated Michelin star gastronomic overnight trip to Northern Spain to visit the film set of “Seve”.
· One week Internship with STV Scotland’s digital media company one week 5. Andrew Marr painting: Anchoring Hill July 2008 6.
· One month internship at Boris Johnson’s favourite newspaper City AM.
· Leonie Gibbs painting
· Luxury Archerfield Links package including accommodation, spa treatment and two rounds of golf donated by Aberdeen Asset Management
· Five course dinner for ten in The Vettriano Room at Boisdale of Canary Wharf.
Later the night, guests began to hit the dance floor to the Boisdale in-house live band.
Guests ate: Terrine of Lobster and hand reared salmon; 35 day dry-aged Aberdeenshire beef cooked two ways with celeriac puree and black truffles; Selection of Scottish cheeses
Guests drank: Justerini & Brooks champagne and wine.