Join a Promise to Haiti
For the past 21 years, Water.org has been working in partnership with people in developing countries to help them meet their own water and sanitation needs. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, Water.org empowers local communities as invested owners, ensuring that the new, clean water source lasts for generations to come.
“Ready access to clean water has so many positive ripple effects. That’s why when a community drills a well, they aren’t just drilling for water. They’re drilling for opportunity:
Each well will serve an average of 370 people in Boucan Carre and Mirebalais. The most affected are women and children. “Children are the most susceptible to water-related diseases like diarrhea, and women and children bear the primary responsibility for collecting water and for the domestic chores associated with its use,” continues Nicole.
Passports with Purpose’s goal to build five wells is part of Water.org’s 18-month program to build 20 wells, benefitting 20 communities. PwP calls on travel bloggers to join (http://passportswithpurpose.org/
How Passports with Purpose Works
The success of Passports with Purpose centers around travel bloggers who secure and post a description of a prize, along with details of the fundraiser, on their travel blogs. All the Passports with Purpose prize posts are linked to the Donate (http://passportswithpurpose.org/
Each year a group of sponsors help jump-start the project with their donations. In 2012, Passports with Purpose is thrilled to partner with platinum sponsor Expedia.com (http://www.expedia.com);
In addition to being a platinum sponsor, Expedia.com captured the story behind the travel blogging community’s annual fundraiser as part of the Find Yours (http://www.expedia.com/
Amazing Prizes for a Great Cause
In its fifth year, the Passports with Purpose participating bloggers continue to raise the bar with amazing prizes, some valued in the thousands of dollars, with others curated specifically for Passports with Purpose. Sample prizes include:
● A 26-day journey through the fascinating heart of Central Asia with Intrepid Travel, from Wandermom
● 110,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points, redeemable for free nights at Hyatt hotels around the world, room upgrades and more, from Loyalty Traveler
● One-night stay in a family-suite for four people (including breakfast, lunch, and dinner) at any US-based Great Wolf Lodge, from Adventures by Daddy
● Busabout six-stop flexitrip hop-on, hop-off travel pass of Europe plus a 5-day Haggis Adventures tour of Scotland, from A Dangerous Business
● Atlanta experience for two at the four-diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center, including breakfast, $200 spa credit, admission at the World of Coca-Cola and Inside CNN VIP Tour, and a private swim or SCUBA dive with whale sharks at the Georgia Aquarium, from Field Trips with Sue
● A three-night stay at Rancho de los Caballeros, in Wickenburg, Arizona, with meals and daily horseback riding, from Writing Horseback
● A whole year of Boingo Global Wi-Fi, from Angie Away
For a full list of prizes and to donate to Passports with Purpose, visit http://www.passportswithpurpose.org/
About Passports with Purpose
In 2008, Debbie Dubrow, Michelle Duffy, Pam Mandel and Beth Whitman, the bloggers behind Delicious Baby (http://www.deliciousbaby.com)
For more than two decades, Water.org has been at the forefront of developing and delivering solutions to the water crisis. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, Water.org pioneers innovative, community-driven, market-based solutions to ensure all people have access to safe water and sanitation; giving women hope, children hope, and communities a future. Water.org is empowering millions of individuals around the world with access to clean water and sanitation; ensuring a better life for generations ahead. Learn more and make a difference: www.Water.org.