Martinez asked Jennifer what tools of the trade and technology she would recommend to agents and others to be more productive and efficient. “The most important thing is to have a customer relationship management database,” remarked Jennifer. “Even if it is as simple as an excel spreadsheet, have a database of your customers that is easily accessible, so you can communicate with your clients immediately if the need arises.” Jennifer went on to explain how she was able to communicate with her customers almost immediately when the storm “Sandy” was approaching. “During the storm, everyone was wondering what they should do with their house, how they should get it ready and prepared…because of my customer database, I was able to communicate with over 1000 clients at once in less than an hour.”
Some of the other suggestions that Jennifer had included the following:
Create a blog:
· “I recommend combining your website and your blog. People should not have more than one place to go to learn more about you or find the information that you are providing.”
Send out an Email Newsletter:
· “This is a great tool to get information directly to your customer. It’s not enough just to post things on your blog or Facebook. Use the list that you have created to deliver your message directly to their inbox. Your newsletter can then, in turn, direct your customers to your website.”
· “The newsletter doesn’t have to be fancy…just be consistent and provide relevant and informative information.”
· “Video is the wave of the future! And sometimes this can be so much quicker than writing a blog. Even if you are scared, just buy a camera and start!”
· “Be consistent, don’t stop! Showcase your personality. Whenever and wherever you have something to share, turn the video camera on and share it!”
· “This is a great way to keep your calendar accessible on several devices and available to your staff. It is a huge lifesaver! When you’re on the go, it’s the easiest way to update your calendar and immediately share it with anyone that you need to.”
The entire interview can be found at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/
Jennifer Myers created Dwell Residential Brokerage to be a completely different type of brokerage that not only caters to clients’ needs and budgets but also to their hopes and dreams. Jennifer and her team are emphasizing the use of unique and updated marketing efforts to help homeowners showcase their home in the most effective way. Instead of relying solely on traditional practices, Dwell is putting the cookie-cutters away and creating a unique marketing plan for each individual home.
To learn more about Dwell Residential Brokerage and owner Jennifer Myers, please visit http://www.wheredoyoudwell.com. Dwell’
About Jennifer Myers:
Jennifer Myers, owner of Dwell Residential, is an award-winning real estate agent with more than 10 years of experience in the D.C. metropolitan area. In 2010 she was named a “Best Of” DC Real Estate Agent in the Washington City Paper. She has been featured in Newsweek, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Realtor Magazine, Washington City Paper, Urban Turf and seen on ABC, NBC, CBS & HGTV. Jennifer was also part of an exciting collaboration with other industry experts in the Amazon.com best seller, Shift Happens: America’s Premier Experts® Reveal Their Biggest Secrets to Help You Thrive in the New Economy. Jennifer’
She has been a top producer in Washington since her first year as an agent and has helped hundreds of clients buy and sell real estate, but at the same time making each one feel as though they were her only client.
Her energetic determination and knowledge of the local housing market keep her on the front lines of the DC real estate scene. As a young homeowner herself, Myers knows firsthand the benefits of owning your own place but also understands the concerns that young buyers may have. She enjoys the excitement of working with first-time buyers and sellers and helping them realize their real estate dreams.
Myers lives in Washington, D.C., with her Yorkie, Cannoli. When not working with clients, she enjoys training for triathlons with the DC TriClub and checking out all of the new and wonderful restaurants around town.
You can reach Jennifer at 202-905-4335 or email her at Jennifer@WhereDoYouDwell.com.
About Dwell Residential Brokerage
Dwell Residential Brokerage is located in the trendsetting H Street Corridor of Washington, D.C., at 1108 H Street, N.E. The H Street location is centrally located so that agents can travel easily to meet with clients all over the city and the surrounding metro area. Dwell is excited to be joining other businesses in this growing, creative, and unique community.
The brokerage’s motto, “Dwell in Possiblity,”
WhereDoYouDwell.com is an interactive porthole to Myers’ message of the potential and possibility of real estate in changing lives for the better. Visit WhereDoYouDwell.com to experience her exuberant and positive outlook and read more about Dwell’s Manifesto to all clients.