PRLog - Nov. 27, 2012 - TORONTO -- TORONTO—As 2012 draws to a close, SMA Canada will participate in the Solar Canada 2012 Conference & Exhibition for its last tradeshow appearance of the year. Solar Canada will take place December 3-4, 2012, in Toronto. It is the largest show for Canada’s solar industry.
Sunny Boy 3000-US
“Solar Canada allows us the opportunity to connect with customers and colleagues in Canada, which is a critical solar market for SMA,” said Henry Dziuba, president of SMA Canada. “We look forward to showcasing many of our Ontario FIT compliant products ideal for the Canadian market including residential, commercial and utility-scale solutions.
SMA’s signature event at this year’s show will be a one-day workshop led by the SMA Solar Academy called FIT 2.0 and SMA Inverters. The workshop will focus on Ontario’s new Feed-in-Tariff (FIT) and how SMA inverters can be utilized to their maximum potential. It will also highlight installation tips and best practices, inverter installation troubleshooting and how to use Sunny Boy string inverters in three-phase commercial applications.
The SMA Solar Academy will lead the workshop Sunday, December 2, 2012, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the day before Solar Canada officially begins. When registering, attendees can enter a discount code to attend the training session for $75, which is $100 less than the list price.
Products on display in SMA’s booth #1200 at Solar Canada will include:
· Sunny Boy 3000/3800/4000-
· Sunny Boy 5000/6000/7000/
· Sunny Central CP-US: The cUL CP-US series is the most cost-effective, efficient inverter line of its kind. It is rated for maximum input system voltages up to 1,000 VDC and 10 percent over nameplate output capacity at ambient temperatures up to 25 C, which translates to substantial balance of systems cost savings while delivering optimum performance (assembled in Canada; Ontario FIT compliant).
· Sunny Boy 240-US and the Multigate-US: SMA’s micro inverter features a streamlined design for high reliability and is ideal for residential projects and systems with multiple orientations. It also works well in hybrid string/micro systems, enhancing design flexibility for installers. The Sunny Multigate is an innovative interface that provides distortion free communications and power connection to the main service panel.
· Sunny Island 6048-US: The Sunny Island 6048-US expands upon the proven technology of SMA’s Sunny Island 5048-US with a new maximum efficiency of 96 percent. Features of the new Sunny Island include intelligent battery management for maximum battery life, state-of-charge calculation and AC and DC coupling. Their robust surge capability is ideal for starting large loads and their durability is enhanced with SMA’s patented OptiCool™ active temperature management system.
The SMA Group generated sales of €1.7 billion in 2011 and is the global market leader for solar inverters, a key component of all PV plants. It is headquartered in Niestetal, near Kassel, Germany, and is represented in 21 countries on six continents. The Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide, plus a number of temporary employees that varies on a seasonal basis. SMA’s broad product portfolio includes a compatible inverter for every type of module on the market and for all PV plant sizes. The product range includes inverters both for grid-connected PV plants and for off-grid systems. SMA can therefore provide an ideal inverter solution for all plant sizes and types. Since 2008, the Group’s parent company, SMA Solar Technology AG, has been listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (S92) and also in the TecDAX index. In recent years, SMA has received numerous awards for excellence as an employer and in 2011 and 2012 achieved first place in Germany’s nationwide Great Place to Work® competition. www.SMA-America.com/www.SMA-Canada.ca