Looking around Cedars’s open grill kitchen in the heart of the restaurant, an uninitiated diner might wonder if the Grinch stole some key kitchen equipment. But the lack of freezers and fryers and microwaves is purposeful. Everything at Cedars is seasonal and fresh, and the grill is king.
This holiday, the grill is seizing center stage as chefs fire up fresh ingredients for winter specials that include steaming soups and satisfying bowls of rice and pasta, blended with flavorful vegetables and topped with top quality protein.
“Cedars is all about returning to nutritional roots. That’s where we can unearth the best flavors from natural foods that will give us the core nutrients we need to live healthy, happy lives,” said Cedars co-founder Laurie Curtis.
Soups can serve as a meal at Cedars, especially when coupled with a shareable starter or side such as the grilled vegetable bruschetta or crispy house-made pita chips with hummus and roasted garlic basil marinara sauce. Soup packets are another thing you won’t find at Cedars; all soups are made in-house using ingredients from the sizzling grill.
A bowl of steak chili has just 255 calories, 12 grams of fat, and 17 grams of protein. A big bowl of chicken noodle soup is only 206 calories and four grams of fat, and a sizeable helping of black bean soup is only 330 calories, eight grams of fat, and a mega-serving of 22 grams of protein.
Sizeable bowls are guaranteed to satisfy the hungriest holiday shopper. Topped with a choice of all natural chicken, all natural USDA choice Angus steak, fresh Atlantic salmon, or rich and meaty crimini mushrooms, bowls are nutritional powerhouses made without preservatives or MSG.
The most popular winter bowls are seasoned with special blends of spices to give hungry diners a culinary kick. Chosen to provide the right kinds of fuel to keep people warm and energized, bowls come with a healthy, flavorful blend of whole brown and wild rice or a choice of white or whole wheat pasta.
· California Bowl. The most popular grill bowl is packed with seasoned wild rice, grilled veggies, bruschetta tomatoes, parmesan cheese and a balsamic glaze. Served with grilled sourdough bread, it’s the perfect bowl for California dreaming when weather is dreary.
· Asian Teriyaki or Sweet & Spicy Bowls. Seasoned wild rice, broccoli, grilled red peppers, crispy wontons, and teriyaki or sweet and spicy sauce bring Asian flavors to Dallas.
· Tuscan Marinara Bowl. Guests choose white or whole wheat penne pasta as a base for a robust roasted garlic basil marinara sauce sprinkled with parmesan cheese and a side of grilled sourdough bread.
· Italian White Bowl. Being healthy doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy something creamy. This bowl is served with white or whole grain penne in a light white sauce with parmesan cheese and a side of sourdough.
· Southwest BBQ Bowl. For a bold taste of warmer climates, bite into seasoned wild rice, grilled corn salad, broccoli, pico de gallo, and tangy house-made BBQ sauce.
Because everything at Cedars is made fresh, menu choices are easily customizable to suit tastes or allergy needs. Menus are available in low calorie, low carb, gluten sensitive, heart healthy, diabetic friendly, fuel for athletes, and Skinny Grill.
“We all want to look our best during the holiday season, but we also want to feel great so we can enjoy everything this time of year has to offer. Our warm and hearty soups and bowls ensure everyone’s holiday finery zips with ease, but it also lends us the right kind of energy to power shop, party, or just enjoy a cozy night in with family and friends,” said Curtis.
To learn more about Cedars Woodfire Grill, visit cedarswoodfiregrill.com.
Cedars Woodfire Grill
Cedars Woodfire Grill is founded on three simple concepts: “Eat well. Live well. Feel good.” The fast casual restaurant serves fresh, all natural meats and vegetables cooked on a large grill in the center of the open kitchen. Cedars has no freezers, no fryers, and no microwaves.
Co-founders Randy Gier and Laurie Curtis have more than 45 combined years of experience in the restaurant business. Frustrated with the lack of healthy fast food options, the two created a new concept of healthy, wholesome food that could also be served conveniently for both guests on the go and folks who want to linger. Entrée options suit any dietary need, and nutritional information is available by brochure or via text message.
Cedars has two DFW area locations, in Plano on 6509 West Park Blvd. and in Frisco on 4710 Preston Road. Lunch and dinner are served from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Customers are invited to grab a bite on the go or lounge in the dining room and enjoy a leisurely glass of wine, and convenient curbside service is available.
For more information about Cedars Woodfire Grill, visit cedarswoodfiregrill.com. Follow Cedars on Twitter @cedarswoodfire (https://twitter.com/