“We are working to make the overstockArt.com Oil Paintings app available to as many users as possible,” said David Sasson, CEO of overstockArt.com. “With our mobile sales having increased more than 40 percent in the past three months, we were driven to design a modified version of our app for Kindle Fire users that makes it easier for them to browse, decorate and shop for our art.”
The Kindle Fire version of the overstockArt.com Oil Paintings app has as all the same features as the original version, optimized for the Kindle Fire. The full features of the app include:
• Decorate on-the-go with the augmented reality “View in a Room” feature. Using the built-in camera, users can take a snapshot of their space and visualize oil paintings hanging on their own wall.
• Browse overstockArt.com’
• Browse art and artists from overstockArt.com’
• Create a personal gallery with the “My Gallery” feature. Select fine art from overstockArt.com and Artist Become’s collection or import images to create a personal gallery.
• Turn photos into hand painted art masterpieces with the retailer’s “Turn Photos into Art” service, now available to use directly on the app.
• Share images and personal galleries via e-mail, Facebook or save images to your photo gallery.
“Our overall mobile strategy is to stay in pace with the evolving landscape of technology and keep up with the times and trends of the mobile realm,” said Sasson. With analysts predicting that Android has grabbed 41 percent of the tablet market (PC Pro), overstockArt.com knew this was the time to move ahead and release the newly optimized version of its app.
“The short-term strategy is to try to give our customers an experience to get more sales and interactions, but the long term the goal is to provide our customers with an experience that equals or is at least equivalent to the desktop experience,”
The overstockArt.com Oil Paintings app is also available for Android mobile phones, iPad and iPhone. To learn more about overstockArt.com’
Founded in 2002, overstockArt.com is one the web’s leading distributors of high-quality wall art. With more than 100,000 wall décor combinations to choose from in stock at all times, the online retailer has one goal: to make it easy and affordable for people to transform their space with hand painted art. Recognized as a premiere shopping destination for hand painted fine art reproductions, overstockArt.com has expanded its offerings to include hand painted and hand carved decorative ceramic tiles and high-quality original canvas art prints. The company also owns and operates Artist Become (ArtistBe.com), the online community for contemporary artists around the world. overstockArt.com provides decorating assistance, custom framing, commercial decorating services, augmented reality tools to help people visualize the art in their space, and an interactive mobile app for iPad, iPhone and Android. Headquartered in Wichita, Kan., the retailer was named to Inc. Magazine’s 2010 and 2011 Inc. 5000 lists, Internet Retailer magazine’s 2012 Hot 100 list and 2011 and 2012 Second 500 Guides, and was recognized with the STELLAService Seal for excellent customer service. For more information, visit www.overstockart.com.