Research and insights will be revealed, including:
· The gaping disparity between consumers’ sustainable intentions and action, and new insights for closing the ‘green gap’
· Savings attributable to the sharing economy
· The roles of brand in influencing attitude and behaviour change
Some discussion topics and high-profile contributors include:
The Brand Leaders of the Future Will be Sustainable Brands – Making the business case for brand innovation for sustainability
· Paul Gilding, Global Sustainability Thought Leader speaking on the New Economics of Happiness and unpacking the opportunity for radical business innovation and renewed brand success
· Marc Mathieu, Global SVP of Marketing, Unilever on how to authentically embed sustainability into brand promise – and build share in the process. Further insight from sustainable brand leader Unilever will also be presented by Sarah McDonald, Global Director, Sustainability and Lori Zoppel, Global Director of Marketing, Unilever Brand
· Benita Matofska, Chief Sharer, The People Who Share on the advent of the sharing economy and what it means for today’s brands
· Kim Slicklein, President of OgilvyEarth presenting quantitative evidence of the business case for sustainability with input from leaders from the frontlines of sustainable business
· Alex Cole, Director of Corporate Affairs, Sainsbury’s on how a new commitment to the belief that “Our values makes us different” can lead to a dramatic turn-around and new leadership for a century old company
On Mainstreaming Sustainability – How brands can move mainstream consumers along the continuum, from creating initial interest to adopting more sustainable behaviours.
· UK launch of OgilvyEarth’
· Launch of BBMG ‘Regeneration Consumer Study’, as part of plenary Research Panel: Untangling the Consumer Attitude/Behaviour Gap’. Results based on survey evaluating the roles of certain brands in attitude and behaviour change
· Phil Cumming from LOCOG on insights and learning to be shared in the Post Games Sustainability Report and Learning Legacy Programme which will launch 12 December
How Collaboration can Fast-track Innovation
· Thomas Kolster, Founder and Creative Director of Goodvertising Agency, will unveil to the public his latest and very innovative project, the WhereGoodGrows (WGG), a web platform for free sharing of advertising and communications campaigns to fast-track innovation. Thomas and his team have invented a SharedGood license system, through which advertisers, non-profits, governmental agencies and others can "give away" their most successful campaigns and in that way hopefully do more good
· Forum for the Future will lead a panel with BSkyB, Café Direct, eBay, Ella’s Kitchen, Kingfisher, O2, Tesco plus others to share how pre-competitive collaboration can drive whole systems shift toward sustainability
· Alexis Olans, Senior Global Program Manager from adidas, Tobias Fischer, CSR Project & Relations Manager from H&M and Kate Heiny, Sustainability Senior Group Manager from Target will share how their collaborative efforts with the Sustainable Apparel Coalition has led to innovation
“The sustainable business and brand landscape is shifting rapidly,” states KoAnn Skrzynairz, Founder of Sustainable Brands. “In order for companies to make smart decisions and determine where to invest in sustainable brand transformation, they need to be armed with the latest insight and implications affecting their decision making processes. Sustainable Brands London will relay up to the minute research, case studies, and methodologies to support a company’s progression toward profitable sustainable brand innovation.”
Over 80 of the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners of environmental and social innovation will lead interactive discussions, breakout sessions, plenary presentations, brand innovation labs and networking activities. The conference in London will bring multiple stakeholders together, each with a unique perspective, to collaborate and recognise the role that brand plays in focusing corporate energy and influencing culture.
Hosted at the Mermaid Conference & Events Centre in London, UK, this conference is made possible due to support from presenting sponsor Unilever, as well as from BASF, Dragon Rouge, OgilvyEarth and other sponsoring companies. Registration is still available. For further information on the conference programme or a complete list of confirmed speakers, please visit the conference website at www.SustainableBrandsLondon.com.
About Sustainable Brands
Sustainable Brands is the global learning, collaboration, and commerce community committed to replenishing the world through better brands. Sustainable Brands offers news and views from thought and practice leaders both online and at live events, a robust resource library and peer-to-peer learning groups. In addition, there are a variety of opportunities for solutions providers to share their solutions with the global community of brand innovators seeking to deliver the better brands of the future. Sustainable Brands inspires, engages and equips today's business and brand leaders to grow revenues and enhance brand value, reputation and loyalty, while helping create a healthy and sustainable future for all. Sustainable Brands is produced and supported by Sustainable Life Media, located in San Francisco CA.