The SMMT challenged whether the claim "save up to 50% on main dealer pricing" was misleading and could be substantiated, because it did not make clear the basis of the comparison or take into account the class of vehicle or regional pricing variations. It was also concerned whether the advertiser was comparing like for like services.
The Directors at Roy Chapman Ltd are aware there is a misconception that franchised dealers are more expensive for servicing than some other national brands, like Halfords, and therefore applaud this ruling by the ASA.
In fact, it is rarely the case that a franchised dealer is more expensive than an independent, and why Roy Chapman Ltd always recommend checking the small print of any cheap service advertised, to ensure (a) what it does and doesn’t include and (b) the charges for any additional work. Furthermore, Roy Chapman Ltd will price match any genuine quotation from a local competitor.
There are a number of benefits of using Roy Chapman Ltd for servicing and repair work including:
● A full range of services carried out to the manufacturer’
● Fully trained and experienced technicians with specialist knowledge.
● The latest diagnostic equipment used to identify all vehicle related issues.
● Direct contact with the manufacturer ensuring up to date information with all safety issues and any recalls.
● Genuine Ford Parts guaranteed for 12 months/unlimited mileage.
● 12 months FREE roadside assistance including Homestart and European cover worth £160 with all Ford servicing.
● Nectar points on all Ford service and repair work.
● MOT for all makes and models at the reduced price of £39.95 with free wash and vacuum.
“We fight a constant battle on pricing”, said Jeremy, Aftersales Director at Roy Chapman Ltd, “and customers can end up paying more because of all the unexpected extras. Our pricing at Roy Chapman Ltd is 100 percent transparent. Our Price Match confirms our faith in our pricing and ensures that the customer doesn’t lose out”.
For further information please contact: Jeremy Chapman, Director, on tel: 01442 871234 or send an email to: email@example.com.