PRLog - Nov. 16, 2012 - GURGAON, India -- It all started with the ribbons — pink for breast cancer, teal for ovarian cancer, blue for colon cancer, the yellow bracelets hit the scene and many others followed. Now we have so many ways to be inspired and show our support. The whole idea has helped us move from a time when cancer was a word rarely spoken, to the present, when support and awareness are free and open.
Festival of Hope
Events help provide a sense of doing something — moving forward with a real connection to others who have the same passion and drive to make a difference. We are all touched by cancer in some way during our lives, which is why it's so important to talk, walk and show support in every way possible.
This Festival is a Luxury fashion event for creating awareness of Cancer. The theme of this event is “Hope”.
An event where the models who walk the ramp, sponsors, exhibitors etc. have been diagnose, survived or experienced cancer themselves or by a close one. Our very special show will celebrate their strength and courage while showcasing the very latest in designer fashion, creating an awareness event like no other. The event will help raise awareness of all types of cancer. Everyone attending the event will pick a ribbon to wear for the evening that will represent someone they know/knew fought/survived cancer.
The event will be held on the 1st & 2nd December, 2012 at the prestigious DLF Club Aralias, a high-end premium luxury condominium in Gurgaon that hosts the crème da la crème of Delhi/NCR.
What you will find in this festival?
• Details on types of Cancer and cure; awareness & support from different institutes
• Exclusive items and deals from new age Fashion designers
• “Bid for a piece” offered by select designers and exhibitors
• Offers from sponsors on products & services
• Complete coverage via media partners
• Target audience of 350 + hi profile residents of Aralias & Magnolias and members of the DLF Golf & Country club.
• A ‘Festival of Hope’ calendar will be designed that will include logos of sponsors along with pictures of the event. These will be gifted to residents on New Year Eve. Residents can also buy additional copies. Funds raised via this sale will be donated to the associated NGO's.
Above all a Fashion show that will celebrate the Cancer Survivors and a performance by the children from the Khushboo Welfare Society [that supports, educates & rehabilitates children with mental & physical disabilities]
Want to be a part of it?
Write to us at: Shalini.wadhwa@