Funds support the KiDZ Neuroscience Center at the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis and School
PINECREST, Fla. – More than 200 swimmers of all ages, including ages 5 and up, raised more than $55,000 at Gulliver Schools' third annual “Make a Splash” Swim-A-Thon®
Proceeds raised from the Swim-A-Thon®
Connor Kuci, a senior, was once again the student chair for the 3rd Annual Swim-A-Thon®
Many participants, including Gulliver swim and water polo teams, students, parents, faculty and alumni joined in the event. More than 200 families working and attending the event cheered the students on as they each earned money by swimming a maximum of 72 laps, a mile.
The top fundraisers were Awwal, Hayaat and Kamal Kay-Ramos, who raised $6,795. Among the other top fundraisers were Shannon Signorello, Connor Kuci, Giovanni Romeo, Kiara Kamlani, Ricky Hermida, Mekayla Frazier, the Buttrick boys, Niles and Emily Miller, and Lucie and Ryan Gibeau.
Generous sponsors for the Swim-A-Thon were:
· Backstroke Sponsor: Florida East Coast Industries
· Breaststroke Sponsor: The Lopez Family
· Butterfly Sponsors: Amazon Beverages, Children’s Skin Center, Coconut Grove Bank, Cool de Sac, Jennifer Leesfield ‘91 and The Leesfield Family Foundation, Oceana Cruises
· Relay Sponsors: Adrian Legaspi, MD, Billbough & Marks, P.A., Camp Specialists, Dr. Juan, Kara and Damon Diez, the Haskett Family, Hollub Homes, Dr. Muriel Iwanowski, Ronin Advertising
· Platform Sponsors: 3400 Coral Way Ltd., Center for Excellence in Eye Care, The Woody Foundation
Participants received a reusable goodie bag that included fabulous items and enjoyed food and refreshments courtesy of the Bagel Emporium, Blue Q, the Catering Shop, Charley’s Grilled Subs, Chicken Kitchen, Cool De Sac, CrepeMaker, Joanna’s Marketplace, Mountain Valley Water, Nothing Bundt Cakes, R&T Signature Grill, Ready. Set. Cupcakes!, Rob’s Really Good Beverages, Whole Foods and Yogurt by U, to name just a few.
ABOUT GULLIVER SCHOOLS
Gulliver Schools is a 501(c)(3) private, non-profit, independent, coeducational, nonsectarian day school with the mission of providing a superior, personalized college-preparatory education fostering well-rounded, successful, lifelong learners. Gulliver is committed to developing the unique gifts and talents of each student in a nurturing environment that promotes academic excellence, innovation, global understanding and character. For more information about Gulliver Schools visit www.gulliverschools.org.